December 7th, 2016

"Okay so, the list is so far.." I said to Tyler. He ended up coming over again after school today too. I have a concert tomorrow for my school chorus, so I told him we might not be able to meet up. The thing that surprised me was that he suggested he could go with to the concert and then come to my house after to work on the project. He must like me.

"Build a snowman, make cookies, decorate the outside of the house, put the tree up, caroling, umm..." I paused, looking for the other sheet of paper I started writing on instead of the original for some odd reason.

"Snowball fight, shopping for presents, taking a picture of parents under the mistletoe, sleigh riding.." Tyler continues as he leans back farther against my largest stuffed bear, sitting on my floor. I can't help but smile at him and nod.

"Oh, oh!" I say proudly. "Go see Santa at the mall!!" I nearly scream. I use to go to see Santa Claus at the mall all the time when I was a kid.

Tyler laughs and nods. "Alright, sounds cool. So I think we have our ten." He says, crossing his arms and looking at me. I nod in agreement thinking of what we will do first.

"Some of them we will need snow for, and we haven't had a good snowfall in years." I said, frowning a bit. I always enjoyed watching snow fall and laying on the ground. Especially on Christmas.

"I bet it'll happen this year." Tyler says, smiling a bit to me as he sits up. He stretches his arms to the side before bending his knees and resting his arms upon them. "So what will we start with?" He asked me.

"Well.. Decorating sounds fun." I say, smirking to him. He grins and stand up, reaching his hand out to me to help off the floor as I leaned against my bed. I blushed slightly and took his hand as he pulled me to stand.

"Sounds good to me!" I say, walking towards the door before turning back to him. "Follow me and we can bring the lights up, and don't forget your phone so we can take a picture." Tyler nods and grabs it off the bed before following me down the stairs.

As I walk into the kitchen, I peek through the doorway to the family room where Phil and my mother are both sitting watching a Hallmark movie.

"Mother, where are the Christmas lights? In the basement, right?" I ask her. She nods, not taking her eyes off the screen. I roll my eyes and guide Tyler down another set of stairs.

"Beware. It's super spooky down here." I told him as the stairs creak user our weight, making him chuckle. I found some red containers with 'LIGHTS' written on the side in the sharpie we used those many years ago. Tyler picked one up, seeming to know they were what we were looking for.

"I think there's only two.." I mumbled to mostly myself, following Tyler up the stairs. We went to the front door and placed them on the floor. Putting on our coats and shoes, we exited the house with the containers. Tyler had this scarf on also, a bright red that hid his neck from the cold. It's kind of cute..

"'Kay, first things first." I said, placing my hands on my hips as my breath became visible in the cold temperature. Tyler watched as I walked Infront of the couple bushes Infront of my house. "I think we can cover the front of these, and then put some on that tree there?" I said questionably, pointing to the lone tree in my yard. "I believe I saw some lights wrapped around that garland stuff? We could put that around the door." I added, smiling to what seemed like a good idea.

"Okie dokie." Tyler said, looking through the container I opened, grabbing a loop of white lights and walking over to the first bush. "Ill do the bushes, and you start the tree, okay?" He said to me. I nodded in agreement and grabbed the other loop of lights. I was a little shorter then Tyler, so I don't know how well I was going to manage with decorating a tree. I don't know if he considered that or not.

I threw the first part of the lights on the tree, failing as it fell to the ground.

"Stupid gravity.." I muttered, pulling it back into my arms and exhaling as I swung it back up, catching a branch. I grinned and threw the rest up as I wrapped it around the tree. Tyler soon came over, scaring me as he asked how I was doing. Jumping from his voice behind me I blushed and turned to him, seeing the bushes lit with white lights plugged in from an outlet on the porch.

"Uh, well, I'm struggling from my shortness. But I'm gradually getting there." I mumbled to him, turning back to the tree and throwing the next strand up to line under the other lights on the loop.
Tyler chuckled lowly, reaching out to take the lights from my hands as I looked at him confused.

"Let me." He said, handing my his phone from out of his pocket. "We will take a picture of us both putting them on the tree." He said, holding it up on the camera facing us. I fixed my hair because I'm a normal girl and I do that sort of stuff. I looked up at the camera, holding some lights up on the tree as Tyler angled it so the bushes were in the background when he held the rest of the loop of lights. Snapping the picture, I smiled and looked at it closer, mainly staring at Tyler's face because you can't ever get enough of hotly handsomeness.

"Looks great!" I said, turning away front he picture to see he was finishing up the lights on the tree. "And that too! Thanks." I said to him, shutting his phone off and holding it for him.

"No problem. You can go do the garland thing if you want." He paused, smirking and looking st me from the corner of his eye. "Unless you want me to help with that too." He joked. I laughed a bit and hit his shoulder playfully as I walked past him to the front door to grab the the garland.

We soon finished, plugging in the last of the lights when it got dark enough, heading inside to drink some hot chocolate, taking a picture of us with chocolate mustaches. Thought it would be good for extra credit.

After supper and when Tyler left, I went up to my room to watch some television thinking of what we were going to do tomorrow, or next in the future.

Thank Ms. R for assigning me to Tyler. She's now my favorite person. I'm now closer to him more then I've ever been before! I see a bright future for me. Us.