~Stop Fighting~

Back to Max's point of view. It gets pretty intense. 

But you guys should enjoy this chapter. Somewhat. I don't know. 

I wrote it while hungry it can only be so good. You guys are lucky you don't see random foods in the sentence bacon. 

This chapter is dedicated to my adopted little sis. (:

________________________________________________________________________________

            Our clothes were soaked in seconds. The rain didn't feel like a peaceful rain. It felt angry. Hard raindrops stung our skin and our clothes weighed us down. To no surprise my car still wouldn't start. My joints ached from the illusion of pain and I felt too weak to move. 

Watching mom set the dinner table for three, even after the car accident. Hearing her cry at night, stifling sobs, trying not to wake me. Praying to God for comfort. Throwing up when she thinks about it some mornings. Losing 10 pounds in a week. Growing older by the stress of it. 

ALL THIS TIME I COULD HAVE HAD DAD BACK! 

Mom could have stopped aging so fast. Sure she would question what was going on. We couldn't tell anyone in the family, they had just held a funeral for him. But Mother. My mother seems like she wants to die with him. 

I need to bring him back. Not just for me. 

It was silent as Serenity and I walked back to her house in the stinging rain. I slumped and slowed down experiencing too many emotions in one hour. Serenity took my hand and elevated in to the sky. We were an hour more away from the house by foot, but she got us to her house in less than five minutes. 

I couldn't help but stare blankly in to space. My heart was hurting and pleading for reattachment. Serenity once again gave me a change of clothes and one of her dad's underwear which I hesitantly accepted. 

She took a quick shower as I layed in her bed, curled up in to a small ball. 

Everything seemed still around me. I stared out the window as the rain battered and bruised the lonely glass. My feelings for Demetra were being washed away with the rain. All of them. 

Anger. Love. Sorrow. The only feeling I had towards her now was pitty. Without me, she spends eternity wishing someone would love her.But I cant love her anymore. 

I didn't realize Serenity seated beside me on the bed. The smell of strawberry shampoo was faint but clearly surrounding her still heated body. I felt her stare on my face but couldn't turn to look at her. I couldn't turn away from the window. 

"Talk to me." She whispered. All she got was silence. 

"Come on, Max." I felt a warm hand on my cheek. Her touch was like static. Waking me up. Pulling me a couple feet back above ground. But I still couldn't say anything.

I leaned in to her touch and closed my eyes. 

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine." She mumbled. Her soft voice was perfect in the silence of the house. Did she know that I chose her? 

Did she know that is what Demetra saw in my eyes that made her run far far away? 

I don't think she did. 

I stared in to the depths of her eyes, hoping she would see it. Could she see the pain? 

Without hesistation Serenity reached down and pressed her soft lips to mine, taking all doubts out of my mind. She knew.