~Realm II~

________________________________________________________________________________

     I stood in front of Serenity's door dripping wet. My clothes were completely soaked and the water ran from my hoodie, into my hair, into my eyes. I would say it felt amazing, but I was beginning to freeze. 

I rang the door bell and tried to prevent my teeth from chattering. "Coming!" I heard someone call. 

Serenity's mother opened the door and put her hand to her chest like she was about to have a heart attack. 

"Oh dear Max. Why didn't you bring an umbrella if you were coming over? Or at least wait till the rain eased up a bit." 

She ran for a towel, put it over my head and then made me take my shoes off before coming in. Oh motherly care. 

Serenity ran down the stairs in her sweatpants and a white tank. "Sorry, had to change-" she stopped when she looked at me. Her eyes widening. 

I looked back at her upset. "Why didn't you tell me it was raining?" I asked. 

She laughed at my humor and took my hand carrying me into her room. I went to sit on her bed before a girlish shriek came from her mouth. 

"Don't sit on anything!" She ordered. 

"So your just going to have me stand here?" I asked. 

She giggled and shrugged. "Come on." 

"Fine." She walked over to her draw and slid it open. "Take off your shirt." 

I did as she said and watched her eyes move down my body. "Hey." I snapped. 

She bit her lips. "I'm sorry darling, your not that ugly." She pulled out a huge t-shirt and threw it at my head. 

I straightened it out and put it on. 

"Take off your pants." She giggled. I unbuckled my belt and watched her closely. I swear she was taking this as some kind of strip show. I rolled my eyes and slid out of my pants, then pulled the towel that her mom had given me over my legs. 

She tossed me a pair of jeans that looked exactly my size. I stared at her confused. 

"You left them here when you slept over a couple weeks ago. Mom washed them and I forgot to..give them...back. Stop looking at me like that!" 

I laughed and sat on her bed before feeling a poke on my ass. "Oops." I picked up the book and moved up on the bed. I couldn't believe how close the picture was to my nightmare. The darkness and the smoky red color of the skies brought everything back to memory. The thing I couldn't believe was the girl.

She sat on the cover, her black hair pulled to one side exposing her bare back and the title looked painfully stitched at the top of the book. "Realm II"

I couldn't have imagined how dumb founded I look, but Serenity was staring at me slightly worried. "This must be really bothering you." She commented.

I flipped through to page one and saw a single line written across the page then fell into the thorns that made the boarder. 

                        If you chose to follow into a path I have made, you are destined to my rescue. I need to leave here. Save me. --Demetra 

I swallowed hard and turned to the other page. I couldn't read fast enough. I felt like I was scanning through pages but every detail sank in. The illusions in her dream were to scare off people in that Realm. She explained the difference.