~Adrenalin~

For a few minutes we were blind. The earth around us was still and Serenity, Demtra and I were all on our feet in our stance. Fear ran through every blood vessel along with a full dose of adrenalin. I could clearly hear the quick breaths coming from Demetra and I. 

"Relax. Slow your breathing. We need to consume as much energy as we can. The adrenalin will keep us alert but if our body is in panic we will drain ourselves." We both obeyed the order and noticed that Serenity has taken the place of team leader. We accepted the fact since she seemed to have done her research. I was proud of her. In this tense moment the thought managed to run through my head. It passed quickly and I realized my vision was coming back. I could see the trees beginning to outline themselves. This was not my eyes getting used to the dark, this was my power kicking in. 

The detail was so powerful I could see every tree within a two mile radius. I could see every leaf and branch on the ground. It was still dark but my vision was better than it was any day. 

"Woah." I commented. 

Demetra looked around, her green eyes mildly glowing. "I can see everything." 

"Yes, your powers are heightened as the moon approaches." Serenity adds. She turns to me and looks me in the eyes. Her look is intense and knowing. "We are going to be fine, ok?" She turns to Demetra and gives her the same look. Demetra nods understandingly and then the ground that we are standing on begins to crack. 

We can all feel the break beneath our feet and from the look on everyone’s face, we can all see the crack splitting down the center of the forest. 

"This is it." I think to myself. "The test is here, all that we have been practicing for." 

A loud screeching sound erupts and echoes through the forest and the ground below us rips into halves as the fire deep into the earth makes itself present. In moments a distinct and torturing heat shoots up from the depths of the earth. Before I know it, the forest is split into halves and the gap grows inch by inch. I climb into the closest tree, cling to the highest branch and jump to another, deeper into the forest. I have lost track of Demetra and Serenity but I know they are safe. My necklace is glowing safely around my neck, my energy at its peak. 

The screeching sound pangs into my ear, becoming louder and louder. Though my senses are heightened I cannot tell where it is coming from. The earth begins to shake and as I turn to check behind me, a sharp force collides into my side and knocks me out of the tree. Before hitting the ground I feel my body being elevated and I am positive that it is not my own powers doing it. Suddenly the force is gone and I am falling again. I hit the floor this time, hard. My grunt causes my necklace to tighten around my neck, signaling the others. 

I curse under my breath, disappointed in my necklace. "I'm fine." Within seconds Serenity and Demetra are within 5 meters of me. 

"What hit you? Where is it?" Demetra belts, shooting into the air in search of the force. Her eyes dart across the forest before she too is hit down from a height of at least 50 feet. The image of how hard the force hit her body made me cringe. Before she could hit the ground Serenity slows her body down enough to lessen the impact. She lands on her feet, her hand holding her bruised side. 

"No one go back up there." Serenity commands. "Until we can see it, we will not elevate."  

Demetra takes a deep breath, straightens up and establishes her stance.

"Demetra you created the illusion. You know every inch of this forest, where is the force coming from? Where is he?" Serenity shouts.

Demetra's hands are outstretched to the forest, her eyes glow bright green and though her hands move her head remains still. I turn my back, covering everything to the south of us. Serenity covers the opposite side and Demetra slowly turns as she accesses the entire forest.