~Faces~

_______________________________________________________________________________

      I sat on the floor of the Realm with my back pressing against the smooth wall that used to be the wall of thorns.My head settled back and I breathed in a scent of jasmine. I almost wanted to be there.

"Your getting better at controlling this." I commented. I'v been coming here every night for the past two weeks. Most of the time it seemed she just wanted someone to talk to. I couldn't imagine how lonely and creepy it got in here. 

She sent me back to my realm when she was in a bad mood though. Today she seemed to be better. At least calm. The realm was almost comforting to be in. Almost. 

She walked past me in a long dark robe and almost made me piss myself. She's been doing that a lot these nights. She gets a laugh out of scaring me. 

All I saw of her was the back of her head, long black hair pulled to the side exposing a pale neck, and the dark robe that brushed against the realms floor. It wasn't much but it was absolutely beautiful.

Her hair was so silky and long. I wanted to touch it. The thought was dismissed when I remembered how fast she could kill me.

"You enjoy scaring me." I mumbled. I knew she could hear everything I said. Speaking any louder than a whisper was unnecessary. She laughed. 

"I'm sorry. It's amusing." 

"Yea...to you." I replied. She walked past me again making me jump inches into the air. 

"I do it to make you less afraid of me." Her voice was calm and sincere.

"It's not working!" I snapped. It only made her giggle. I loved how she took me seriously. 

"How come I never get to see your face?" I looked around thoughtful. "Are you too gorgeous for my naked eyes to handle?" I joked. She didn't laugh. Fail.

"You know how I look. You've made your own face for me." She answered.

My forehead wrinkled in confusion.

"Your subconscious. It's already created a face to match what you think I look like. It's very accurate, the human mind." She explained. 

"I don't think I know what you look like." I assured.

"What color do you think my eyes are?" She questioned.

I shrugged. "Green."

She gave an approving sound. I was right and it creeped me out. 

I settled down and could feel her presents around me.

The skies dark red changed to a light orange, the type you would get at twilight. Her voice echoed around me soft and pure. She was singing a song. I didn't hear any words, but the melody was calming. 

"You like to sing?" I asked, closing my eyes to the sound. 

"I suppose. It keeps me relaxed." 

I smiled and laid down on the ground, looking up into the skies. "What else do you like to do?"

"I like poetry." She stated. My eyes opened and I stared back up into the sky interested. 

"You write poetry?" I questioned. 

"You can't hear any of my poems." 

"Aw, why?" I whined.

"Because i'm not happy. They will depress you."  The skies began to dim. Not a good sign. I tried to keep her distracted.