~Boardwalk and Strawberry Ice cream~

The song used in this chapter is called Boats and Birds. it will be used in following chapters as well because i'm using it to contrast the characters. You'll see what I mean later

_______________________________________________________________________________

 "If you'll be my boat,

I'll be your sea.

A depth of pure blue just to proke curiosity.

Ebbing and flowing, and pushed by a breeze."

Serenity sang calmly, holding her ice cream. The day was slightly dark and gloomy, not to mention cold. But it was almost tradition to come to the beach at the absolute wrong times. 

"I live to make you free.

I live to make you free."

I've never heard the song she was singing before. But I liked the calmness of it and how it went with the moment. I realized almost immediately that Serenity loved to sing, just as much as Demetra used to. It had been days since the two saw each other and honestly, the whole world felt like it was slowing down. The weather went from raining and thunder to pure mutuality. It hasn't rained and the sun hasn't shown it's self among the clouds. 

To the side of the boardwalk stood a body of water, too big to be called a river but too small to be an ocean. The boats docked there early in the morning. There was only one boat there today, bobbing up and down with the small waves... Serenity climbed on the railing that separated the boardwalk from the deep water. 

"That does'nt look safe." I mumbled staring at her. 

She just looked at me with a blank expression on her face and sat steadily on the railing, she hasn't said a word to me since the dinner. But she didn't reject the request to hang out today. 

I stopped in front of her and watched her bite at the cone of her pink colored ice cream. My hands were getting cold from holding mine, so I quickly finished up. 

"So you're just not going to talk to me?" I asked looking at her. She looked like she was about to fall over, in to the water. Her eyes turned away from my gaze and she looked up at the sky at a passing seagull. Serenity smiled then returned her eyes back to my face. 

I soon felt something wet hit my head. It took a moment for the thought to process, a couple seconds to look up and see that the seagull had passed my head only milliseconds ago, a shorter time to calculate the seagulls speed and the fact that if it happened to SHIT while over me, it would have just been hitting my head. 

Serenity burst out laughing. 

"Seriously?" I narrowed my eyes at her and pushed the laughing girl over the edge. I heard a girlish scream before she plunged in to the water. I laughed at my speedy way of revenge. I was almost paralyzed by my laughing that I forgot to see if she got out. She didn't even surface.

"Serenity?" I called looking over the water. 

There was no response. The water looked as calm as before then as I stared close, tiny bubbles came to the surface. 

"Stop playing, I know you can swim." I shouted in to the water. Still there was no response. 

I slid off my coat and immediately felt the cold wind blowing through loose parts of my clothes. I climbed up the railing and before I could jump over, I felt a hand on my ass. 

"Bye!" Serenity said pushing me over. I hit the water head first and surprisingly, it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. It felt room temperature. I looked around in the water for a couple seconds, panicking slightly. I didn't know if they're fishes or crabs in here.