~Road Kill~

My hands were frozen on the steering wheel. It couldn't be her. How would she have gotten to this realm? I was going crazy. My head spinned, the headache was getting worse. I realized how close she was, if I had driven an inch closer, I would have ran her over.

Then I was completely snapped out of it by the sound of her voice.

"Are you just gonna sit in the car? I need some help here." She scolded me through the glass. I opened my car door and stepped out. She looked at me upset, like she was about to cry. Her big green eyes and her lips trembled. You could tell she was freezing.

"Are you ok?" I asked stearing at her. She looked down like she was trying to hide her face. 

"I'm fine. My car broke down. Fricken...it's not..it's not built for this shit." She pointed to the faded blue mustang across the street, it looked wrecked and worn out by the weather.

Her arms folded up against her chest. I turned back to look at her then began clapping my cheeks with my hands. "Wake up Max." I ordered closing my eyes. 

"The hell? Dude!" She looked at me like I was beyond insanity. 

I stepped closer to her, looking directly into her face. I examined everything I could. Her hair was the same length, her voice had the same tone. She was just as pale and as my eyes roamed down to her toes. I knew it was her. The dress. She was wearing the dress, 

"Demetra?" I whispered. 

Her face softened and her arms unfolded. She looked at me in disbelief. 

"How do you know my name?" She asked. Was she joking? 

"What do you mean how do I know your name? You don't know mine?" 

She shook her head stepping back from me. What did she think I was going to do? Hurt her?

"I'm Max." She steared blankly. She really didn't know who I was.  She put a hand to her head, I bet it was hurting too.

"It's nice to meet you Max. My car broke down. I just need a ride." She looked hopeless and scared now. I felt sorry for her. 

"Get in." I got into the drivers seat and buckled my seat belt. I waited for the door to close before starting the engine, but I didn't move the car. 

"Are you planning on taking me home or are you going to rape me or something?" She questioned. 

I looked at her frustrated. How could she not remember me? 

"We should wait for the rain to settle down." I answered her smart remark. She agreed then turned her body to the window and curled her self up into a wet ball. She began shivering.

I pulled my sweater over my head and held it out to her. She hesitated before taking it and sliding it over her head. 

"Thank you." Her blue lips mumbled. I looked at her. She was beautiful. Her cheeks were round and led down a small set chin. Her buttoned nose completed a perfect face. 

"How did you get here?" I asked. 

She sighed and bit down on her bottom lip like she was thinking. "I was driving to Hilton. My uncle lives there. My mom thinks its best if I leave her and start school here..." 

"Why did she want you to leave?" I asked fishing for answers. I heard a faint tremble of thunder run through the clouds. 

"I'm sorry. I really don't know you enough to tell you anything." 

"I'm sorry it's just that I feel like I know you." It was quiet for a couple minutes and I noticed my headache was gone. 

"You don't." She stated deffensively.