~ Demetra and the Stars~

Warning: You might love this chapter.

Thanks for the support and fanning, lalala. You know it's appreciated =p

_______________________________________________________________________________

            Demetra and I sat at the top of one of the highest building in the city. People looked so tiny from up here. The wind was calm and not as wild as it usually was when she was around. Our feet dangled over the edge of the building and I couldn't help thinking how scared I would be if I didn't have powers.

"So do you eat food? Or like...people?" I asked looking at her reaction. She tried not to smile and then she just looked slightly annoyed.

"I'm not a vampire, Max." She answered. She turned around so her back was over the edge and fell back, leaving her feet to be the only thing holding her on to the roof. I gasped which only made her giggle.

"That looks dangerous." I complained.

"Oh my gosh. Are you a guy or a whiny little girl?" She asked rocking side to side. "Try it."

"No way." I protested.

"Are you scared?" She teased. I proudly nodded and she gave me a blank look.

I sighed and turned my back to the open air; I held on to the roof with my hands and feet and felt slightly dizzy my head was hanging.

"Bleh." I complained.

Demetra looked to the side at me and smiled. "Let go."

"I don't want to let go..." I said holding on tighter. She rocked to the far side, and then bumped into me, making my hands slip. I screamed like a girl before pulling myself back up to the roof which left her hysterical.

She held her stomach in laughter. I loved her laugh it was so pure, like that of a child.

"I can't breathe!" She complained between gasps. "You scream like a girl!" I couldn't help but smile. Her head still hung over the building and even though she stopped laughing I could see her feet tapping at the back of the roof in attempt to control herself.

"Alright, alright." I said narrowing my eyes at her.

She gasped again and continued another round of laughing when her feet slipped off the edge and sent her tumbling over the 30 story building.

"Demetra!" I screamed. I ran to the edge of the building looking for her, she should still be falling but of course she wasn't there.

"Demetra?" I yelled again. My heart accelerated beyond control and I frantically ran to the door and down the stairs. It was so dark I couldn't see where I was going. I ran down several flights before getting to the bottom. I could hear my heart through my ears.

"Demetra?" I said as soon as I got outside. I looked all over the sidewalks. There was no body, or people looking astonished. Everything seemed perfectly normal.

I looked up at the top of the building to see her head poking out staring at me. Her laughing bellowed from the roof like the happiest child. Messing with me obviously brought her pleasure.

Her head pulled away from the edge and she was down the stairs in seconds. She seemed to be floating, a big smile printed on her face.

"Not funny." I said staring at her. She took my hand and headed back to the stairs pulling me with her. She was wearing a cream looking dress tonight. It seemed to match the moon. We were moving up the stairs but I wasn't walking, she was effortlessly gliding with me in hand.

"Oh Demetra! Demetra?" She teased in my voice. I rolled my eyes as her laughed echoed and bounced off the walls. She was so beautiful when she was happy. My heart began to accelerate again and my stomach went into slight knots reminding me that I most likely had feelings for this strange being.

I ignored it in fear of making things awkward. She probably didn't even like me. Especially after that scream. We got to the top of the building once again and made our way onto the roof. I watched the night sky open out before us, the stars were visible and the moon was never too far away.

I walked to the middle of the roof and sat down on the floor, not wanting to go anywhere near the edge again. I sat with my legs straight ahead in front of me and supported myself with my hands behind my back.

The stars were beautiful.

Demetra who had wondered back to the edge of the roof now walked back to me slowly, like she was contemplating something. She looked deep into my eyes before bringing herself to the ground and resting her head in my lap.

She turned so she was staring up at the sky with me and smiled when I looked down on her.

"Aren't they beautiful?" She asked. I nodded in agreement looking at the white dots sprinkled out into the sky. They were amazing. I don't think I have ever seen them this much out here.

Demetra's hand pointed up to the sky and her fingers delicately moved around. I looked at her wondering what she was doing. Her face was hiding a smile but her hands continued to move around.

I looked up into the sky to see the most amazing thing. The stars were arranged into stick people sitting on a building. I laughed in amazement.

"Oh my gosh. Aren't people watching the skies or something? Won't they see it?" I asked.

She shrugged. "They'll probably dismiss it." Before she finished speaking the stars began going back to their normal places. "Plus, they gravitate back to where they should be in seconds. I can't keep them there."

I moved my hand up trying to do it myself. I brought a star to a blank part of the sky, then built semi circles on both sides of the dot, then made the bottom into a fail point.

"What were you trying to draw?" She asked laughter clear in her voice.

"A heart." I said disappointed. She giggled before rearranging the heart herself. It was almost perfect. I felt my face getting slightly red. Are you serious? Blushing?

I was blushing?

I looked down at Demetra who had soft pink blotches on her cheeks as well. The moonlight was coming down perfectly on her delicate face; highlighting her green eyes and her red lips. She smiled only slightly before turning her head away.

"You're a bad artist." She mumbled.

It took everything in me to man up at this moment, but I couldn't help it. I turned her head back to mine and looked deep into her eyes. I leaned down and gently let my lips touch hers.  Chills ran through me and my heart all around stopped when she lightly kissed back.

Then something happened. Something that never happens when you kiss a normal person. A light erupted into the sky, coming straight from both of us. Shining brighter than the sun itself.

For more than 3 seconds, the entire city was as bright as day.

________________________________________________________________________________