Can't Spell Love Without L [Epilogue]

• Dedicated to Damien Rose Dark

EDIT:  This marks the end of the story. I will not be able to write the other because my laptop went crazy and deleted my unsaved chapter, which is very long. DX

AN: This is the last chapter of this story.

I would like to say thank you for all of my readers, especially the people here in Wattpad (I've posted this story too in deviantART, but discontinued). 

Dedicated to my forever co-writer who never left me, especially during the times when I first wrote my ever first Death Note story :D (Truth or Falsehood: A Beyond Birthday Story of Escape :D) I love you so much, Damien. :)

Here it goes!~

--

Epilogue

--

Two weeks prior to waking of Amaryllis...

--

Light cracked his eyes open, his vision quickly adjusting at the light blue glow of the room. He blinked repeatedly and closed his eyes. He was so tired.

It was suddenly so good to sleep.

He was about to get some more when the door opened, and a man in white robe entered. Light couldn’t make out the features of the man: he was wearing a pair of glasses, a medical mask, white gloves and green hair net similar to those who visit a patient. His forehead wrinkled minutely, the confusion in his face obvious. He didn’t know this man.

“...Yagami Light?”

He tried to sit up to at least get a better view, but his sudden tensing petrified his body. It was as if his whole system went numb with just one movement.

“Please do not move if you are unable to. Your wounds are far from healed, and might cause further infection and pain. I advise that you remain still for the mean time. Your doctor will arrive within a few minutes.”

The man briefly looked at the clipboard that was resting at the foot of the bed before quickly signing it. He placed it back, nodded at him and turned around to leave.

The brunet sighed when the mysterious man left. He should at least said something. But just like what happened back at Wammy's before the warehouse bombing, Rue told him not to speak or move because further pain awaits.

The sense of deja vu was strong, and it made Light frown a bit.

His musings were interrupted when the door opened again, and another man entered. He was taller than the one that left recently, and despite the glasses in his eyes, he could still see the ebony eyes glowing.

"...Ryuzaki?"

The masked man stiffened, but gradually slacked. What confused Light more was when the man giggled slightly, which turned into soft laughter.

"...what?"

He smiled. "I'm not Ryuzaki. But I'm surprised that you identified me as him." The man took off his glasses, his obsidian orbs smiling. "It's Rue. I just thought I would need to use contact lenses so the hospital staff won't freak out with my eyes."