Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 2]

[Act 3 – Page 2]

Time stopped for Amaryllis as silence descended. Ryuzaki didn't reply, but instead a sob came from the lady 'visitor'.
Amaryllis peeked down to at least have an idea of what's going on. And when she did, she regretted it.
The woman was hugging Ryuzaki tightly, and the said man returning the gesture lightly, as if hugging her is the most awkward thing to do.
Suddenly, a memory flashed between her eyes.

--
There stood Light and Misa, embracing each other protectively. A smirk adorned the model's lips and a disgusted expression painted Light's face. She shivered at the cold water, and while she floats there, freezing, Light whispered something on Misa's ear, and with a smile, they both walked away from her, eyes filled with hatred and loathing.

--
So that was it. She can still remember that dream of hers, because it may not be the most pleasant, but because when she woke up, she knew that Ryuzaki is there to save her from drowning.

You're such a hypocrite, Amaryllis.

Tears blurred her vision, and she used her remaining energy to climb back to the room. When she did, Rue was waiting for her with a sorry expression, the ones that they also shared after Ryuzaki ran away from the school dance.

"Amy-chan..."

She wiped her eyes with the back of her palm, and walked towards Rue, the red eyed man giving her a friendly hug.

"I should have told you about it."

"...About what, Rue?"

"Remember when I told you that Ryuzaki was rejected twice before? That girl downstairs... she is..."

"I thought I told you to keep your mouth closed about my private matters."

Amaryllis broke from the hug, and when she and Rue turned around to look at the owner of the voice, she felt more broken.

Ryuzaki was looking at them with accusing eyes, and before she could apologize, Rue and Ryuzaki left her alone, the door clicking softly as it close.

--

L slammed the door after Beyond had made himself comfortable on the small brown sofa. The genius detective angrily stomped his bare foot, indicating that he is not amused.

"You're so childish, L."

"I don't have time for your petty insults, Beyond. Haven't I strictly warned you about not letting Amaryllis wander outside her room?"

"It was a smiple mistake of mine."

L  made a sour look, and retorted. " Why am I not surprised? You always make mistakes anyway."

When those words reached Beyond's sense of hearing, he immediately felt a slap on his ego.

"You..."

"... ..."

"You always think you're so perfect? Ha!" He gave L a smug smirk, which added to the growing annoyance inside the detective.

"You always fail when it comes to love. You can't even make a girl happy. When you left Amaryllis, isn't that a sore mistake? She even cried because of you; you who don't deserve it!!"

With full rage, L sent a powerful fist which hit Beyond on the jaw, sending the red eyed man tumbling down.

"I...I have to admit..." Beyond whispered despite the pain. "I'm nothing but a copy of you, L. I'm not even your biological relative. But at least I don't make women cry! I'm not like you!!"

Their broken gasps and erratic breathing filled the room, until Beyond screamed a childish insult.

"YOU'RE SO SELFISH! YOU ONLY THINK OF YOURSELF! YOU'RE A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!"

Both fueled with anger, they started a fight . The furnitures break, papers crumple, tables tossed and the floor lamp shattered. When both of them are satisfied, they resigned on the tiled floor,  Beyond laying down on his back and L sat pensively.

"Whew, you sure hit hard." B rose from the floor and copied his way of seating.

"Yeah, you too. Ouch.."

B laughed softly, but inquired quietly.

"Why is she here?"