Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 10]

/!\ WARNING: VERY LONG CHAPTER. :D

AN: I really wanted to finish this chapter by Thursday night, but I was forbidden by mom from writing past nine o'clock. I did my best to finish this by Friday, and here I am now, typing away this author's note at 12:05 in the morning here in the Philippines :D

This chapter is very long, but I enjoyed writing this. :D It made me very happy to write this one, and since I ran out of people to dedicate this story, I am now dedicating this and the next chapter to the two persons who brought out the best in me and encouraged me to continue writing.

This is for the one I truly love the most. Hope you enjoy it, Lancelot :)

[Act 3 – Page 10]

--

Welcome home, sweet home, going back to a place I love.

-Okaeri, Zettai Kareshi

--

Light fell on the ground with a loud thud, his knees trembling madly. The bullet hit him in the arm, and he winced at the pain that suddenly stung him. He was thankful that it didn’t hit his chest, or else it will be fatal, and he won’t be able to protect Ryuzaki and Amaryllis

He stood up eagerly, trying to ignore his bleeding appendage. He’ll worry about it later, for there are other things he need to attend first. This is for the best, anyway.

“Light-kun...”

The brunet turned around to face his friend, giving a rather pained smile to reassure him that they will be safe and sound, and then walk towards Misa, the smile never leaving his lips.

“What the hell?! Why did you...why did you catch the bullet?! Why are protecting them?!! I thought you’re on my side!!!”

Light’s smile widened and he continued to drag his body towards the model. Misa was unnerved with his action, and she raised the gun and shot Light again...and again...and again.

“Ugh...” Light coughed harshly, but shook the pain off. He wanted to be close to his love, and if catching these mean bullets is the only way to touch her, then he’s glad to do so.

“Why?! Why?! Why are you doing this?!” She punctuated each question with a shot, but Light didn’t seem to mind that he’s starting to wobble and his blood oozing from the bullet wounds he received. “Stop it! Stop it, Light!!!”

Misa pulled the trigger again, but no bullet was released. She tried again but failed miserably, and she resorted to her last escape; that was, running away. But before she could even turn around to run, Light grabbed her on the waist and pulled her against his trembling body, gripping her tightly.

“Let me go, you idiot!” She screamed, struggling against him and slapping Light’s wounded arm.

Light only groaned, his constant trembling hindering his task to prevent Misa from escaping. His wound was suddenly hit, and he bit his bottom lip to stop himself from screaming in pain.