Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 6]

AN: Sorry for the long wait!!! D: Tests are on my way, but now they are finished! :D

Here's the latest installment of CSLWL! Enjoy!~ :D

[Act 3 - Page 6]

Amaryllis snuggled beside L as the car sped off to Wammy's House. She tightened the scarf around her and rubbed her cheek gently against L's clothed arm, trying to create some friction and heat. It was three o'clock in the morning when they left at the clock tower, mainly because Amaryllis had fallen asleep while they were watching the snow. L had to carry her down the stairs; she only woke up when they have reached the end of the steps. Before they finally left, she stole a kiss from L, and while holding each other's hands they quietly stepped out of Big Ben.

L looked down at the sleeping lady beside her and smiled. The cold must have helped in making her sleepy. He then turned his attention outside, watching the gentle rain of snow pouring from the dark sky. He closed his eyes and let the cold breeze caress his pale face.

"L."

He opened his eyes and looked at the owner of the voice.

"Yes, Watari?"

"Earlier, I received an e-mail from someone from Japan, and I believe that this will be very helpful for Amaryllis."

"Who sent it?"

Watari whispered a name that L thought he would never hear again, for it was purely cursed in his own vocabulary.

"It is stated that he will be here tomorrow to speak with you." The old man finished.

L clenched his fist, but opened it again. There's no need for him to be nervous or angry; if speaking with him would be beneficiary for majority, then he should be prepared as well. It's been a while since they talked anyway.

His lips twisted into a small smile. "Then, please ask the maids to prepare the guest room."

--

The airport was crowded and noisy. He never liked being placed in such busy place. He would rather prefer the Tokyo streets, where vehicles are always absent, but the silence and serenity never was. The sound of footsteps, voices and machines flooded the air, and he increased the volume of his portable music player just so he would be less annoyed. He hated too much noise, for it reminds him of something awful that Misa showed her once.

Misa... that girl. Every time he remembers that video, he is completely positive that Misa is no longer sane. No sane person would... kill... like that.

"Ugh." He rubbed his chest in attempt to forget about it. He walked towards a first class cafe and ordered brown coffee to ease the building pain inside him.

--

"Airport? I thought you hated crowded places?"