Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 2]

AN: Hello there!~ :D

This is again a collaboration with DRD :D She's very quick with editing of my effing wrong grammars and spelling, and she's very patient with me. ^__^ Thanks again, DRD!

Dedicated to my classmate, Joanne :D

Here's the latest installment of CSLWL. Enjoy, and cheers for the good work! :D

-------------------------------------------->

[Act 2]

Two years later...

--

"Amy-san, are you alright? You look pale."

After reading the whole testament, Amaryllis couldn't take off her eyes from the paper. It felt like a dream, but a dangerous one. She failed to answer the question of the lawyer that gave her that letter because her poor brain that received a sudden wave of shock had slowed down.

"Amy-chan, are you listening to him?"

When she heard the sarcastic tone of Rue her reverie was broken, and she felt like slapping the red-eyed man.

"Of course."

"Then why aren't you responding?"

"Oh, for the sake of my sanity, don't ask me anymore." She angrily sighed and reread the letter again.

Rue grinned at her, making Amaryllis glare at him. It was still shocking to read a document like this, and any sane person would of course react like her.

"Is this real? I...I mean, I don't really doubt you, but I want to know if the content of this...err...testament is true."

"In other words, you doubt it." Rue interrupted flatly. He got another death glare from Amaryllis, but happily ignored it.

An hour prior, Amaryllis was sitting in front of her laptop, her mind wandering mindlessly. The stupid writer's block returned, and she can't even think properly of what to write at the moment.

Her current hobby is writing romance stories, and since readers persuaded her to continue, she asked for some help from her family, and they gladly supported. His father referred her into a literary agent, who helped her publish her stories. She was very happy of how thing turned out, and how she was able to return the help her parents gave her by giving them the money earned from the sold books.

But after staring for a few minutes, Amaryllis sighed and closed the laptop. She leaned on the window, her thoughts wandering, until a memory of a raven-haired man popped out suddenly.

"Ryuzaki...I wonder where he is now..."

After the school dance, Ryuzaki never showed up again, making her worried even more. She only found out from Rue that he already left for England that night, and he informed his red-eyed twin to cover him with a fake alibi.

Her eyes became wet when the memory of that night plunged her thoughts. The hatred, the fear and the tears; they aren't even a part of her plan. But she failed, and the blame should be on her, because deep in her heart, it wasn't Light or Ryuzaki who made the mistake. It was her.

And now that she graduated from high school without him, everything felt...lonely and lifeless.

The crystal droplets left her eyes, attempting to release some of the guilt inside. She was about to wipe them when the door suddenly opened wildly, and Rue stepped inside with great panic.

Then here they are, discussing a serious matter that Amaryllis did not even know it exists.

"Am I really the... the..."