Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part one]

Oh yeah :D

Sorry for the wait T_T I'm so busy with a lot of things lately, and one of those is finish reading Uzumaki by Junji Ito. Yep, that master of scary arts. I like his works, and Uzumaki is my so far scariest story I've ever finished. I guess I'm already afraid of spirals :D

So yeah, this is only part one of Page 5. I'm still writing the other part, which will eventually be the the Ryuzaki's Courting Day One. :D

Enjoy, and cheers for the good work, everyone!~

--

[Act 1 - Page 5 part one]

It was Sunday morning, and Amaryllis woke up early for her daily exercise routine. After grabbing her cup of coffee, she pulled her jacket on and went out to jog.

She reached the town bakery within the span of twenty minutes. It was faster than her expected time. Had she been running?

Shrugging at the thought, she pushed the glass door and walked inside the shop. Usually, Amaryllis will be then shop's first customer, but it looked like someone else got first.

A guy with messy black hair, wearing a black and white jacket pointed at the pastries located under the melon bread tray. The shop keeper smiled and gave him a paper bag full of his order. He paid her several papers of money and turned to face the door.

Ryuzaki was biting a doughnut when he faced her, both of his arms stuffed with paper bags. When he saw Amaryllis, both of his eyes widened in shock. She was stunned for a moment; it wasn't like him to visit shops by himself. Usually, his butler called Watari would do the work, but maybe he didn't have time to do orders.

Amaryllis smiled and walked towards him, removing the partly bitten bread from his mouth and taking a small bite. The doughnut filling melted in her tongue, the sweet substance making their way inside her mouth.

"Sweet," She commented with a smile. "Just like you."

His once pale cheeks turned deep red, the compliment making his legs shake in mixed nervousness and blissfulness. He wasn't expecting that!

"Uhmm...thank you?"

She smiled again and pinched his cheeks. "Wait here," Amaryllis went to buy her breakfast packed in the same paper bag. After eating one of the chocolate rolls, she nodded at Ryuzaki, signalling for him to follow. They walked out of the shop and settle for the park.

"I didn't know you're a morning person." Ryuzaki said as they sat on the bench, the whole park still dark since it's almost four o'clock.

"Hmm..." She popped a small piece of bread in her mouth. "I am, but I didn't know you do errands."

"Well..." He swallowed the piece of croissant he was  chewing happilly. "Watari is busy at the moment with Rue, that's why I did the task for him. Besides, I believe it would be at least a change of pace for me to do some errands. Just like exercise."

"Oh." Amaryllis nodded in agreement, rubbing her arms to generate heat. "So cold..."

"How about some coffee?"

--

They both ended up in a five-star coffee shop, their expenses both paid by Ryuzaki. Amaryllis wondered how he got those money, but the idea slipped in the back of her mind as she sip her brown morning beverage. On the contrary, Ryuzaki ordered black coffee and stuffed it with more than ten sugar cubes. He stirred it contently and sipped the liquid with a smile.

"Ah, Ryuzaki...?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you love sweet things so much?"

"It is because sugar is the only effective food for the brain."

She nodded in understanding, smiling at how this weird man looks cute everytime he proceeds with his eccentric habits.

After a few minutes of talking and finishing their small breakfast, they both decided to visit the park again. The sun is already up, meaning that she needs to return sooner.

Ryuzaki walked slowly down the path way, figuring out how to execute his plans for tomorrow properly. He was about to ask Amaryllis if she likes any certain object at the moment when he saw him looking through the glass panel of a jewelry shop. Ahead by curiousity, he peeked at what she was looking at.

It was a oval rainbow moonstone gem pendant with amethyst accent, clasped around a silver setting with curls as the border, connected in a triple strand silver snake chain. The jewelry was delicately hanged into a black cushion box and displayed next to other silver necklaces. It was the only one that caught Amaryllis' attention, and even Ryuzaki thought it was beautiful... well, it would look beautiful on her.

"It's pretty."

"Yes." She poked the glass with a sad smile. He sensed that she likes it very much, and asked her directly.

"Do you want me to buy it?"

Her eyes widened. "N-No!"

"But you like it very much..."

"I know..." Her sad smile returned. "It's just, well, that is very expensive. I liked it ever since I'm still in middle school, but I can't really afford to have all my money to buy that, you know. I need to spend some for my parents too."

"Hmm..."

"Oh, forget it." Amaryllis pouted, grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from the jewelry shop.

--

It was already afternoon when Ryuzaki finally completed his plan.

Facing his laptop, he typed furiously at the keyboard, his mind running a thousand thoughts.

"Rue."

"Yes?"

"Will you please help me with my plan?"

His twin grinned at him. "Why not?"

--

Sorry, this one is short. D: But the next one will be posted quickly!