Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 1]

Disclaimer: Death Note and its characters belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata.

Act I – Page I

Amaryllis sat at the edge of the small bridge, her feet dangling on the water. Light smiled beside her and gently brushed away the fallen locks of her hair to get a better view of her face. She blushed slightly and turned her attention on the river stream. It wasn’t like Light to act so sweetly, but Amaryllis felt that there’s something going on; the real reason for the brunet’s behavior.

She smiled slightly, but her happiness faded when she saw something on the water. Her reflection is clear, but there was another one, and it isn’t certainly her boyfriend. When she leaned down a little, someone laughed behind her, and within a split second, a force pushed her down, and when she was able to lift her head out of the water, her eyes widened at the sight before her.

There stood Light and Misa, embracing each other protectively. A smirk adorned the model’s lips and a disgusted expression painted Light’s face. She shivered at the cold water, and while she floats there, freezing, Light whispered something on Misa’s ear, and with a smile, they both walked away from her, eyes filled with hatred and loathing.

Amaryllis stared at them with weakness in her vision. She gave up with the thought of losing the brunet, and was about to let herself drown when she felt a hand drag her away from the deepest part of the water. Losing all her will power, Amaryllis collapsed on the ground after being lifted from the cold river.

“If you’re going to drown yourself, I won’t let you do it alone. I’ll drown with you.”

The voice was painfully familiar…and when she turned around, her blurry vision disabled her from recognizing the owner of the said voice.

But there were piercing dark eyes looking at her, and she knew that those orbs belong to only one person

…Ryuzaki—.

--

When Amaryllis’ consciousness returned, the first thing she noticed was the voices beside her. There were certainly two persons speaking; both voices sounded familiar.

“—her condition stable now?”

“Yes, although she needs to rest for a few hours. It’s better if you don’t wake her up yet.”

“Thank you. Is there anything else necessary concerning her health?”

“Oh, right. Please include any citrus drink in her meals and don’t forget to give her vitamins. And please avoid making her feel stress. That way, the patient will heal quickly.”

“Alright. I am very grateful you are here.”

Amaryllis perfectly knew that the first voice belongs to Ryuzaki, and the other one who seems to be a doctor was—