Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 9]

/!\ WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND F***ING CLIFFHANGERS.

Just for a head start :D

Dedicated to annime1998 (*^3^)/~☆ Enjoy this chapter, dear!~ ^__^

AN: So... I lied about updating on Friday :D

But I promise that I tried writing this chapter this whole week! D: But then again, I know you know about my excuse for being absent on Watty ; SCHOOL! DX

I actually cried while writing this chapter, especially when I listened to my childhood love video game : Final Fantasy 8's Eyes on Me by Faye Wong. I'll post the video here, and I strongly recommend that you listen to it while reading. TT^TT

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd, without further ado, here is the chapter you've been waiting for!~ Enjoy, and cheers for the good work, everyone!~ :D 

[Act 3 - Page 9]

"What the hell do you mean that she's missing???!!!" Rue screamed, his panic started showing physically, if his constant trembling is anything to go by.

Light choked on the water, coughing repeatedly after hearing the news. "W-What?"

L regarded both of them with widened eyes. It was scary, considering that his eyes are now dull and lifeless, boring into them and sending shivers down their spine. L was never like this.

"She's missing. This room is the last one that I haven't visited, and Watari haven't seen her before dinner."

The brunet twitched, and was about to speak when L's phone rang. He quickly snatches the annoying phone and answered the incoming call.

"Yes, Watari? What? What do you mean by that? Yes, yes, she's not here. Look, it's not possible that she's... H-Huh? Oh..."

Those were the last words before L dropped his phone, his whole body numb and his mind shell shocked. Amaryllis was... He couldn't even think about it. Why? And who?

"Ryuzaki?" Light prompted slowly, not really wanting to know why his friend started shaking violently.

L slowly shook his head and looked up with them with the same dull eyes, but what sent Light in the edge was when he searched those dark orbs, he found nothing, as if he was looking straight in to the eyes of a dead man.

"She was kidnapped."

--

Rue was right when he predicted that L would conduct a witch hunt that same night. He looked so desperate the time that he sat in front of his laptop, his slender fingers chicken pecking at the keyboard with furious speed. Rue and Light were also given laptops to conduct their own investigation, programs and equipments used for man hunting installed properly on both computers.

The three genii didn't have any wink of sleep, more likely because of the adrenaline that was influenced by L, and the coffee that Watari gave them for the fifteenth time.

--

Seven hours later, Rue's control snapped a bit. He let out a soft yawn, and returned into typing reports and reviewing the surveillance tapes. He eyed the dim hallway wearily while sipping the bitter brew, flinching slightly when the hot liquid burned his tongue.

Rue narrowed his eyes a bit, trying to dissect the little figure moving quickly at the balcony . It was wearing a black suit and mask, and from the angles of the cameras, he couldn't make out the possible appearance of the intruder. He adjusted the light setting of the videos, his eyes widening when he intruder looked up in the camera, ignorant enough that he was being captured in action.