Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 3]

[Act 3 - Page 3]

 L is not one to share his secrets, especially when it is from his past. Mostly because they are purely embarrassing, or they are just too dark for a normal person to carry. L was glad he is no ordinary man.

B looked up to L, only to find the other man staring on space. The clock ticked loudly, and when a minute passed, he repeated his question.

"Why is she here?"

--

Amaryllis never felt this impatient before. She knew she had to hold herself down, but when she heard the crashing on the other room, worry began to build up inside her.

"Whatever will happen, then so be it. I want to know what's going on!"

She stood up and quietly left the room. With the tip of her toes, she walked to the room where Rue and Ryuzaki stayed. The door was slightly open. Although she doesn't want to gossip, maybe it won't be bad to at least listen on what they are talking about.

--

"She wants my money."

Beyond's eyes widened, resulting into stuttering. "H-Huh? Are you sure?"

"Yes. Ever since I left her, I know that she started regretting her own mistake. If only she kept her treachery to herself and not for the whole world to know, then I might consider forgiving her. Do you know that feeling, B? I felt like an idiot, like everyone else knew about the third party, and I'm still clueless. I can't believe that I've been making a fool out of myself."

--

Amaryllis suddenly wished that she hadn't eavesdropped. Her heart was slowly breaking and her tears fell. She couldn't believe that this is what Ryuzaki thinks and feels. That she only wanted his money. That she was making fun of him, only to break his heart in the end. She was about to close the door when she heard him speak again.

"Maybe you're right, B. I don't deserve anyone."

When she heard those words, a whimper accidentally slipped from her mouth, making the so-called twins turn around and look at her. L's eyes widened when he saw her crying, and the very first thing that crossed her mind is to run away.

She did what her instinct told her.

--

L knew already, based from those tears, that Amaryllis misunderstood everything that she heard. He quickly stood up and sprinted out of the room, leaving B to fix everything. He could no longer bear to see her cry, now that she heard the wrong thing.

Maybe he could try to fix everything between them now. Maybe he'll try to be more understanding and humble. Maybe he'll try to forget about the mistakes and misinterpretations that the two of them had. Maybe he'll try to move his pride away. Maybe he could stop hiding the truth about his real identity. Maybe...

Maybe he could love her again.

But how will he do that, now that their own misapprehension led them into breaking their relationship? Suddenly, a word of useless wisdom that came from Beyond popped in his head.

Just take it slowly, Ryuzaki. Enjoy the feeling. A kiss may sound so simple to other people, but in general, it acts like one's virginity. You won't kiss someone whom you don't like.

Okay, maybe that's not really necessary in his situation, but if he would replace some words, then maybe...

Just take it slowly, Ryuzaki. Enjoy the feeling. Loving someone may sound so simple to other people, but in general, it acts like one's virginity. You won't love someone whom you don't have feeling for. Just like making love physically; you won't have sex with someone whom you don't love.

Wait a minute.

Where did that came from?

And what's with that virginity thing, anyway?

What the heck, if taking things slowly is what it really means, then so be it! His mind is already playing tricks on him, thanks a lot to Beyond.

With that in mind and heart, he chased Amaryllis.

--

"Great. I'm lost."

Amaryllis was carried away with her emotions that she didn't notice that she took the wrong way. Now she ended up in a hallway of with a series of doors, indicating that this is a place where the children sleep. She quietly walked towards the end of the hall, trying to find a way out, or at least a way back to the room where she woke up.

A sudden tug on her skirt nearly made her jump out of her skin.

"Gah!"

"Shh!"

She quickly turned around to find the culprit, but instead saw a blonde boy looking up at her, a chocolate on hand while his red head companion was busy playing with a video game.

"... ..."

"Who the hell are you? I haven't seen you around here before. Are you one of L's visitors?"

"W-What? What are you talking about?"

The blonde suspiciously looked at her. "So you're not one of the visitors. How did you managed to break here, huh? Are you a thief in disguise?"

"Mello, you're scaring her." The red head paused his game to look at her, and after taking her appearance into memory, he seemed to recognize her.

"Wait, are you Amaryllis? L's up-and-down girlfriend?"