chapter 2

I walk back to my apartment , Once I brush my teeth I walk to my room and lay into my bed. I slowly feel myself drift into deep sleep , that's when the nightmare comes .

* Flashback*

I'm in my room with Lydia playing goldfish." got any fours" she asks. " Nope " I simply answer . I hear my mother yelling again , my dad is home and drunk just like any other day. I hear a cry and I know that he has hit her, this just isn't him anymore I start to panic knowing that he could do it again.

" Stay right here and don't come out " I tell Lydia she nods and starts to shuffle the cards again .

I open and close the door then walk to the kitchen " dad what is wrong with you, you come home drunk again scaring Lydia and then you hit my mother I think that you need to go" I yell frustrated that it has come this far.

" Who the hell do you think your yelling at I am your father I can do what ever the hell I want when I want to. I pay the fucking bills here soshut the fuck up and go away" he yells back." Don't lie to me, you haven't paid the damn bills in over five years, you're the one spenting all our damn money on yourself you selfish bastard." I yells back. My mom still lays on the floor cupping her cheek.  He takes a step towards my and I see anger flash across his eyes. I feel pain spread across my face and fall to the floor trying to grab onto the oven for balance. When I can finally open my eyes my thoughts go to my mom and Lydia.

                             *flashback ends *

I wake up crying again, a knock at the door startles me I walk over to the door and look through the peephole , ugh it's my butt neighbor. I unlock the door and slightly open it .

He chuckles and say's "I won't bite I promise " with a cheeky smile .

I roll my eyes " Did you need a teddy bear " I sarcastically scoff .

"Nope, I wanted to see if you were okay I thought I heard you yell or something and came to make sure everything was okay " he says with worry in his eyes. I'm a little thrown off that he is being so nice but before I could answer  he says " hello you gonna answer my question or just stand there "." Ooh I'm sorry but you the one that came knocking on my door but to answer you question it was nothing just a dream " I state pissed off, with that I slam the door shut . Gosh he brings out the bad in me.