Chapter 24

Don't want to be reminded, don't want to be seen

I felt my breath catch and my throat close up. I dind't know how to act or react. What Danielle just told me changed nothing but it made my heart break. Several questions crept their way into my mind. Was Harry with her when he said he was in love with me? Was he having this relationship with her when he was fooling around with me? Did anyone else know? Did Liam know? Oh my goodness. If Liam knew he would kill Harry. This was not good at all. Why did she tell me? Didn't El tell her about me and Harry? Of course she hadn't, I wasn't supposed to be with Harry because the baby wasn't his. But still, if El knew about Danielles thing with Harry she would have told her. Right? But did she know about it?

My mind was reeling so I didn't notice the girls standing in front of me trying to get my attention.

"Rosanna! Ross!" Maddie slapped my face and broke me out of my thoughts. I blinked a few times before I realized she had just slapped me. I placed my hand on the sore area and looked at her with evil eyes.

"What was that for?" I glared at her when she crossed her arms and stared back at me.

"We were trying to talk to you but you zoned out." She raised an eyebrow and looked at me with questioning eyes. My eyes darted to Danielle and then back at Maddie. Maddie only nodded and understood I would tell her later. I looked at El who was looking at me with worried eyes.

"I'm fine. I just remembered all the things I have to deal with back home." I laughed a small laugh and then shrugged, hoping they would fall for it.

"Oh okay. You got us really worried, Ross." El stepped forward to me and dragged me into a tight hug. I happily hugged her back, feeling a little too emotional at the moment. As she pulled back I tried to hold the tears in and smiled at her.

"I am really glad that you okay Ross." Danielle spoke up and looked at me smiling. I smiled back at her and she stepped forwards to hug me too. I hugged her back. "It was really great to meet you but I have to go now." I saw Eleanor get a surprised look on her face but it disappeared as soon as it came.

"Yeah it was great to meet you too!" I smiled at her and reach to squeeze her arm quickly. She smiled softly to me and then hugged El and Maddie. She said goodbye to them and then walked away from us, towards her car I presumed. When we no longer saw her we began talking.

"What happened?" El was the one who spoke first. She directed her question to me and it took me by surprise. I opened my mouth to speak but didn't know if I should lie or not.

"Nothing." I finally said and then looked away from her. She shook her head and sighed.

"Look, Ross, I know her and I think I know you. Something happened and I need to know what it is." She spoke with stern words and a determent voice. I looked up at her with a shocked expression and she stared me down.

"She told me about her friend with benefits." I raised an eyebrow and looked at El.

"Yeah, she has told me about him too but she won't say who it is." I sighed and rubbed my stomach where my baby girl was kicking.

"She told me." El gasped and I think she did because she was offended. Danielle told me the name of her shagging buddy but she hadn't told El. They were supposed to be best friends.

"Why did she tell you? No offence but..." I put my hand up and nodded. I understood her and wasn't going to get mad at her. Nevertheless I thought about her question and realized I had a guess as to why she told me.

"I think she was trying to make me feel like I drew the short stick." El looked at me with confused eyes and waited for me to continue. I didn't know if it was a good idea for me to tell her. I thought that Danielle had told me she was shagging Harry so that I was going to get jealous. Everyone in the world knew that Harry was famous for being the ladies man, and Liam was famous for being the Daddy. But Danielle might not have meant it that way and I might be making El mad at her for nothing. I sighed once more and looked over at Maddie. She studied my eyes for a long time and then nodded. I didn't know why she nodded but when she spoke I was grateful