'Minor slip Ups'

^ me in a nutshell haha. Also just a filler ish chapter.

As the sun peeks through the blinds of the black sited apartment, a certain ex Akatsuki member and sand jinchuriki stir from their slumber. It was definitely a sight that Baki, Tsunade and Shikamaru never expected to see — Takeo and Gaara wrapped in a blanket of sand, sound asleep.

Baki inwardly panicked at the thought of Shukuku escaping whilst the red head slumbered, but he knew Gaara wasn't reckless and nor did it appear that anything Shukaku like was happening. Tsunade was surprised at the sight of Gaara's arm wrapped around Takeo's shoulder in a protective manner, and Takeo himself nestled comfortably into Gaara's side. It was a sight Tsunade committed to memory and reassured her mind that he would be fine in the Sand Village.

And then there was Shikamaru. The boy was shocked that two of the most angry and unsociable people he had ever met, were entwined in such a way that his genius mind couldn't comprehend. He knew there was history between the pair, that much he knew from his trips to visit Takeo over the past two weeks, but he never knew how close they were.

Shikamaru was conflicted. He was happy for Takeo opening up to someone but on the flip side, he was uncharacteristically frustrated to see him so at peace with someone unknown to himself. Shikamaru was terrified that Takeo may recede back into his shell, secretly wishing that Gaara would have the best intentions in regards to Takeo's welfare, in mind.

Shikamaru chuckles as Gaara awakens, rubbing his eyes in a tired manner as his vision clears up. His arm around Takeo tensed, causing the silver haired boy to stir and mumble incoherent words. Sea foam eyes dart from the sleeping figure to the Hokage in question, "is it time to depart?" The Hokage nods, amused at the situation before her. "Correct."

With a sigh Gaara gently shakes Takeo's shoulder, earning a tired groan from the boy as he rolls from his grasp. "Go away panda-chan I wanna sleep." A light scowl pinches Gaara's features as his sand quickly removes itself from around the pair, swirling momentarily before receding back into his gourd.

The lack of a blanket or insulator caused Takeo to shiver, as he was still only half dressed, before he grumbled a few colourful words and stretched out. It took a good thirty seconds of stretching to make the boy semi awake and functional when he opened his eyes for the first time. Takeo was clearly not a morning person.

Tsunade bites the inside of her cheek to restrict a smirk edging its way to her face. She may of been able to see the pain still lingering in those Aqua orbs, but she could also see contentment, an emotion she hadn't seen in the boy since him being in the presence of his caracal, Koneko.

Gaara's eyes seem focused on Takeo's every move — the way he rubbed his eyes to rid himself of sleep, the way his muscles tensed when he stretched out and the way Takeo ran a hand through his silver tresses, riddled with signs of sleep. The red head was fixated by everything the boy beside him did, honestly just believing that he was concerned for Takeo's wellbeing. 

He forces his gaze away from Takeo as his cheeks burn a deep scarlet, before blankly staring at those opposite them as he tries to ignore the strange sensation. "It's time to go, Takeo. Get dressed." Without so much as a response, Takeo pushes himself off the couch, tripping twice and stumbling off to the bedroom, using his foot to close the door behind him.

The trio opposite the jinchuriki remained silent throughout the exchange, each biting back a comment that would surely leave either Gaara or Takeo flustered and grasping at straws for a response.

Baki was not surprised when Gaara didn't arrive back at the hotel the night prior, knowing that he wouldn't want to leave Takeo alone. Despite that fact that Gaara couldn't explain his reasoning behind the emotions he felt towards Takeo, Baki sure could. Tsunade and Shikamaru was far from dense, being able to decipher some of the many emotions surrounding the bond between Takeo and Gaara.