'Irritable'

Third Person POV:

Just as predicted, Takeo didn't sleep a wink after he was chauffeured back into the apartment earlier this morning. Instead, he opted to simply eating instant ramen between meditating and playing with his scythe. The boy had become increasingly irritated due to his lack of sleep as of late, a scowl settling on his face as the scythe is manipulated in his tan hands.

It was around 11am by the time Kakashi had awoken from his slumber and began to make his way to the living room where a shirtless Takeo and Koneko were sitting, twirling the boy's scythe. The weapon itself was a slick, dark obsidian colour and the blade was unnaturally sharp, but it wasn't just a weapon to Takeo. It was also a reminder for the boy of where he came from and what was to be expected from a Jashinist's son.

He was expected to bring death and destruction upon the world, reaping the lives of anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path. He was suppose to be a murderer, slaughtering anyone who gets in his way and eventually, follow in his father's foot steps to become an immortal Jashinist. And it was this unbreakable genetic link to his father, that may be his downfall in this Village.

His lineage was no secret and therefore the repercussions for being related to a murderous psychopath varied in severity, depending on who decided to take their anger out on the boy. Though admittedly, Takeo did care about the repercussions of his lineage, knowing that if the Hokage doubted him at any time, he'd be executed.

There were no two ways about this, Lady Tsunade wasn't Hiruzen and therefore didn't know much more than what was left in a thin manilla file. The Third never questioned his loyalty but she may, leaving Takeo between a rock and a hard place.

He couldn't go back to the Akatsuki, they'd surely kill him. And if he was chased out of the Village, where could he possibly find refuge? Suna? Doubtful, but not entirely out of option. Orochimaru? He'd rather die than be with that snake after all he'd done to Takeo and his first friend 143, but if that's the only other option, he may have no other choice.

It was thoughts like these that plagued the boy's mind when he couldn't sleep and in his irritated state, Takeo could barely concentrate long enough to reassure himself that he needn't worry about such ludicrous ideas. But his mind continued to constantly overanalyse every little detail about the people and the environment around him to ensure his survival, as his sleep deprived state made him feel as though that at anytime this peace could end.

At the sound of someone clearing their throat Takeo seals away his scythe and spins to find Kakashi lazily leaning against the kitchen counter. "Yo," the copy nin greets as he puts away his now empty breakfast bowl.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Takeo asks getting to his feet as he fills his ninja pouch. Kakashi nods towards the door as he slides on his shoes, "yeah. Let's go kiddo." Koneko cheers, babbling on about finally getting out of the apartment as Takeo slides on his sleeveless red hoodie, leaving it unzipped as they exit the apartment to meet up with Team 7.

As they walk down the busy bustling street, Takeo realises how big Koneko was getting. He had noticed that she was growing and eating a lot more than normal over the past weeks, and it seemed as though she was finally growing out of her extended kitten stage. 'No wonder my neck's been a little sore,' he muses with a tired smile at the sight of his best friend bounding playfully in front of him the entire way to where they were meeting Team 7.

As the trio rounds the bend leading into the training ground, six genin come into view. Naruto rolling his eyes at Sakura fawning over Sasuke, and Sasuke was leaning against the tree in an aloof fashion. But what was even more surprising was the presence of Team 8- Shino, Hinata, Kiba and Kurenai. Almost immediately Kiba sights the approaching Shinobi with an approving smirk, "hey! Look who finally decided to show up."