'Dropped bread..."

As the sun begins it's descent from the sky, the rookie 9, their jounin sensei's and Takeo part ways. Kakashi and Takeo went to pick up some groceries to make dinner later, Kakashi verbally directing the boy where to buy some bread, from the bakery across the street while he shopped.

But that was thirty minutes ago.

Kakashi finishes paying for the groceries and exits the store. As the masked jounin exits, he heads towards the bakery, not seeing Takeo anywhere in sight. A gut wrenching feeling settles in the pit of his stomach at the thought of the thirteen year old fleeing the village under his care.

Kakashi quickly uses a teleportation jutsu home and dropping off the food and teleporting back to where the boy last was. He bites his finger, summoning Pakkun, the small dog goes to greet Kakashi but the look on the jounin's face tells him that something's wrong.

"Yo Kakashi what do you need my help with?" Kakashi sighs as he tries desperately to spot the thirteen year old but to no avail. "Pakkun there's no time to waste, I need you to track Takeo. He went to get bread half an hour ago and hasn't returned." Kakashi rushes out almost incoherently.

Pakkun sniffs the air before leading Kakashi to the outskirts of the markets, nearing the residential area that Sakura lives in. As they approach the area the sounds of a struggle and the metallic scent of blood fills the air. Kakashi and Pakkun quicken their pace.

~~~~~    <><     ~~~~    <><      ~~~~

Two drunken men were restraining a struggling Sakura, one holding a mewling Koneko, while the other three crowd around a certain silver haired boy that's held against a building by his throat and the bread lying forgotten in the dirt. The second closest man to Takeo punches the boy across the face, a bruise almost guaranteed to form.

Saukra's rage increases dangerously as she sees Takeo struggling, "stop it you big jerk! Leave Takeo alone!" She against the drunken ninja, maybe at a chuunin level at best..

"Just let the girl go, she has nothing to do with-" Takeo gasps as the man's hand grip tighter around his throat, his toes barely skimming the ground as he's held against the building. The man restraining him leans his face uncomfortably close to the silver haired boy's face, his acidic alcoholic breath making Takeo gag. "Yer' know what brat? I speak on behalf of the village when I say we don't want yer' here. Yer' monstrous, lowlife criminal."

Takeo's breath hitches as the man's grip tightens again, his aqua eyes dulling and losing the will to fight back against the men, meeting Sakura's pained green orbs as the men continue to assault him. "It's true...I don't deserve the Hokage's kindness but I'm not going to fight you, otherwise I'd become the monster you assume I am." His eyes reignite with defiance and determination, making the drunken men a little wary as he continues.

"You can punch me, kick me or throw me down. But I hope you realise that after all I've been through, this 'pain' you're inflicting doesn't actually hurt me, it's irritating at best." He struggles to wheeze out the words let alone breath.

Koneko bites onto the man restraining her's shoulder, leaping desperately to the pinkette for safety. Sakura breaks a hand free and he latches onto Koneko, stashing the caracal in her shirt as the second closest man punches Takeo across the face for the second time. "Shut up monster and apologies for your crimes!" The man screams in the boy's face, but Takeo doesn't even flinch as he stares dead into the man's eyes.

"Why would I apologies for being a monster? Did anyone ever apologies for turning me into one?"

A deafening silence washes over the area, not sure how to respond to the dead seriousness of the boy's tone as Kakashi and Pakkun arrive.