'Hook, Line and Sinker'

A/N: check out my other Naruto fanfic 'The Marionette' :) this is kind of a filler you have been warned!

Takeo's POV:

After using the body flicker technique to appear outside the Konoha gates I take my time finding Itachi and Kisame.

Being in Konoha brought back both good and bad memories from when I lived there.

I was only nine at the time and had only became a chuunin the year before at the tender age of 8.

My father convinced Pein to let me travel; to explore, learn and hone my skills.

It came as a relief because contrary to popular belief, I didn't like to kill without a damn good reason.

In other words, I have no idea how I'm even a Jashinist's son.

The only thing I really knew how to do was to follow orders from Leader-sama, without hesitation. Otherwise I'd pretty much just signed my death certificate, which I had no intention to do any time soon especially when I was only nine!

That was the first time I met Kakashi but I bet he doesn't remember that time, I mean after all the Hokage did wipe his memory of me for the whole year I was there.

I remember it like it was yesterday, a truly bitter sweet memory....

~~~~Flashback aged 9~~~~

I was in a cave on the outskirts of the Rain Village and naturally it was raining.

I was soaked to the bone in a damp, watery substance but the overwhelming metallic scent reminded me that it was definitely not water.

I flick the blood off my scythe splattering it across the freshly painted scarlet wall as I face the last man I had to dispose of.

The man was nicknamed Mikkoku-sha, literally meaning snitch and I'm sure you can guess what he did to piss off the Akatsuki, even in its early days.

The said man lay broken against the wall, his knees shattered and his now stumped left arm as the other half is laying elsewhere in the cave from the initial struggle.

His head continues to lull in and out of consciousness as the effects of blood loss starts to take effect as the shock wares off. "P-Please d-don't kill me, I won't do it again I s-swear!" He pitifully stutters out.

I let out a shaky breath walking towards him, every step I take makes a squelching sound and bloody footprints are left in my wake.

A few salty tears trickle down my face as I come closer to the squabbling man.

'Why does he make me kill? It sickens me to no end, knowing I took the life of another. As my father says I'm too much like my mother not wanting to kill.'

The broken man watches me as I come closer, a confused expression adorned his face "kid why are you crying?" I freeze at his question, drooping my head slightly.

I lift my head to face the man again as the tears continue to blur my vision. "I'm sorry but I have to do this, I don't have a choice...." I whisper to him as I stab him through the heart watching the life in his curious brown orbs fade into emptiness.

I try wipe the tears away only to smudge more blood across my face as I exit the wretched cave.

I put up my emotionless facade as the rain continues to soak me to the bone, making my black and red cloak stick to me like a second skin.