'Brotherly love'

^^ that's what 'the eye of the gods' looks like when activated. I don't own the picture.

"Words can be twisted into any shape. Promises can be made to lull the heart and seduce the soul. In the final analysis, words mean nothing. They are labels we give things in an effort to wrap our puny little brains around their underlying natures, when ninety-nine percent of the time the totality of the reality is an entirely different beast. The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them."

― Karen Marie Moning

Takeo's POV:

It's been a week since the first attempt to kill the bridge builder. As we approach the bridge Zabuza uses his mist justu to give Haku and I a smoke screen to knock the builders out. We move quickly and efficiently, hitting various pressure points, we then sit in wait for the leaf shinobi and Tazuna to arrive.

Haku and I keep our masks on as the shinobi approach warily as they notice the excess mist hanging in the air, Koneko softly mewls from on my shoulder, reminding me of her presence.

The leaf shinobi finally come into view, they pause as they take in their surroundings, not yet being able to see Zabuza.

They protectively surround Tazuna as he rushes to the aid of the only conscious builder, "what happened here?" He asks his friend worriedly, "m-monsters.." He manages to mutter out before losing consciousness. The mist thickens considerably, putting the genin on edge. "Kakashi-sensei this is Zabuza right, his Hidden Mist Jutsu?" Sakura says, trying to hide her nerves and fear.

Kakashi nods "everyone get ready." The genin jump into their slanted manji formation, as they are lacking a member. Haku and I sit in the tree behind Zabuza as we watch the interactions below. "Oh Kakashi, I see you still have the brats with you. Look at him, he's shaking life a leaf. Pitiful." Mocks Zabuza, as he's still out of sight of the leaf ninja.

The boy, Saskue suddenly smirks, "I'm shaking with excitement!" He exclaims, making me stifle a laugh at his coverup. Kakashi nods at his student "go on Sasuke." The said boy leaps forward, killing each of Zabuza's water clones.

Zabuza chuckles demonically, "heh, looks like you've got yourself a rival eh Haku, Takeo?" We take that as our que, jumping down one either side of Zabuza. Haku replies with "it seems so." While I say "I could of killed them all the moment they got here, he's no rival of mine Sensei."

The genin stare in shock at our appearance. Kakashi's visible eye squints in our direction, "so I was right, you were both with him all along. Hiding under those stupid masks." The pinkette looks at her Sensei in slight amusement despite the situation, "but Sensei you wear a mask too!"

"Now come on Kakashi, the irony in your statement says it all and besides you want the masks off? So be it." After saying that, Haku and I remove our masks, I discard mine to the forest floor. Sakura and Tazuna gasps in recognition.

"Hey I know you! You helped us at the store. How could you possibly be with Zabuza, you seemed so nice?" Sakura asks in confusion. I chuckle sadly at the poor girl, "naturally I'm a nice guy and besides I think it's frowned upon to kill a man in the grocery store. It's also against my morals because I hate cleaning and wouldn't want to wish that upon anyone." I reply feigning kindness.

Sasuke steps forward, pointing accusingly at Haku and myself "Hn. You phoneys, hiding behind your masks like cowards." I sigh in boredom, rubbing a hand through my silver tresses, "you know Uchiha, you need better comebacks if you are ever going to defeat Itachi."