15. Comfort (Levi x Petra)

Chapter 15 - Comfort (Levi x Petra)

Recommend Reading:
Chapter 14 - Happy Sad New Year (Required)

Petra's Point of View

I patted Levi's back as the cars passed us by. I pinched my nose from the odor.

I helped Levi down, to sit on the curb. I took out my handkerchief and wiped the remaining vomit on the side of his mouth. He groaned from the smell, "Filthy..." he muttered.

My laugh tickled my throat, but I stopped myself knowing Levi would get angry. He sighed and buried his face into his hands. "I'm such an idiot."

"I know," I smirked, attempting to lighten the mood. 

"What am I going to do. She must hate me now."

"No she doesn't. She'll understand that you didn't know what you were doing," I tried to comfort him.

"No. She hates me. You didn't see the way she looked at me after. Her eyes..." he looked up from the ground, watching the cars pass by.

I watched him, his gaze looked distant. It always amazed me how he can look so invulnerable, but lonely at the same time. Everyone always wanted to avoid him because they were intimidated. But for me, for some reason, I never wanted to leave his side. 

He turned his head toward me and I looked away quickly, hoping he didn't catch me staring. "Does it look bad?" Levi touched the red mark that was beginning to turn purple on his cheek.

"He really got you good, huh?" The scene of Eren punching Levi across the face replayed in my mind. I reached for my bag taking out two popsicle's, "I knew you would need this." I handed it to him. 

"Do you think I'm a kid?" He glared at me. I pressed the Popsicle, still in its wrapper, against his cheek.

"You act like a kid sometimes," I smiled.

My face started to flush as I dropped the Popsicle onto his lap. "Hold it yourself," I tried to hide that I was blushing. He tilted his head in confusion and pressed the ice against his cheek.

Why am I feeling this way again... I thought I've already given up on him. No matter how many times I push these feelings away they just keep coming back. I really wish they woud stop, I just don't want to get hurt anymore.

The silence went over too long and I tried to keep the conversation going, "I could tell you were really holding back. It was obvious to everyone that you could've dodged those hits."

"Yeah... I did it for her." 

Her.

In silence we sat there, watching the cars and city lights below us. Moments like these made life really worth living.

"I'm going to apologize tomorrow." Levi rambled.

"That's good, she'll forgive you," I fumbled with my shoelaces and stared at the floor.

I felt a distinct pain in my heart. I didn't want her to forgive him. I didn't want everything to be fine between them again.

I don't want him to continue loving Mikasa.

No. Why am I thinking such a cruel thing. I can't be selfish, I have to support Levi, no matter what. Even if I have to spend the rest of my life watching Levi with another woman. I'll smile. I'll be happy for him.

Because I love Levi, and I dont think I'll ever be able to change that.

Levi got to his feet and patted off the dirt from his pants. "It's getting late, do you want me to walk you home?" He reached out his hand out to me to help me up.

"It's alright. I'm going to stay behind for a little bit."

I looked over the city view again, but felt his hand touch my shoulder. "Thanks," he turned and walked away.

"C'ya tomorrow at school!" I watched his back 'till he disappeared from my view. I could still feel that warmth while placing my hands on my shoulders.

The remaining warmth disappeared slowly. It only lasted for that brief moment.  

(Author's Note: This wan't really the original story. I made a really good one but it got deleted. Since I forgot what I wrote I kind of just wrote whatever I could remember. There was a second part, but I got kind of lazy. I'll post it if you guys want but its only about like the day after and she's having lunch w the whole levi squad and levi talks about what happened with Mikasa and Eren. But its whatever. I'll post it on whatever you guys want. But thanks for reading, sorry I say that too much but I really do mean it. Whenever i get 1 read or vote I just do a little dance in my room x) this note is too long. k bye.)