5. Friend Zoned (Connie x Sasha)

Chapter 5 - Friend Zoned (Connie x Sasha)

Recommend Reading First:
Chapter 4 - I'd Loaf to Go (Required)

-

Connie's Point of View (POV) (15 yrs old)

Ever since Sasha and I met in grade school, we've been inseperable. Mon.-Thurs. we chill at my house for video games and animes, Netflix dates every Friday, and saturdays we go around town eating everything. I can't imagine my life without her. I love her. If only I could tell her how I feel someday.

~

"You suck, it's not fun when you always lose." Sasha laughed laying on her stomach with a blanket over her head.

I jumped up, "Stop going so hard on me in this game!"

"I'm not even trying!"

I sat on her back, "Well at least I'm better looking." I said jokingly.

"Shut up haha, you wish." She shoved me off. We were lying side by side now and our laughter began to die down. She had long thick eyelashes, her hair looked so soft, and she smelled of sweet cinnamon. Wow I'm the creepiest best friend ever. I shook the thought out of my mind.

"Whats wrong potato girl?" I asked.

"I …I think I want to go to the homecoming dance."

"But you always told me those dances were stupid and we have a sleepover tradition on those days!?"

"I know." She rolled onto her back. "Someone made me change my mind. I think I like him."

"Sasha liking something besides food!? What is happening to the world?!?" I teased. We both broke into laughter.

"Sasha! Your dad called, time to go home!" My mom called from downstairs.

"C'ya tomorrow baldie."

I walked Sasha to the door. Maybe the guy Sasha was talking about earlier… was about me? Ha, can't be. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I'll confess to her tomorrow.

~

The next day I followed Sasha to the cafeteria after lunch. She seemed like she was looking for someone. What is Jean doing here?

"Of course, I'd love to go to the dance with you!" Sasha pulled Jean into a hug. I stumbled, gripped my shirt and pressed my back against the door.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I felt the tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. I'm just her friend, always was, always will be. She wants a guy who can be her prince. I can't be that for her, I can only be her friend.

~

Instagram: @MikasaAckermann