8. First Kiss (Eren x Mikasa)

Chapter 8 - First Kiss (Eren x Mikasa)

Recommend Reading First:
Chapter 2 - You Deserve Better (Optional)

~

Mikasa's Point of View (POV)

Our trip to the Bean & Sawney Amusement Park was coming to an end. The fireworks were about to start so we all decided to go on the Ferris Wheel.

"Sorry only two people per cart," the employee said to us. I was beginning to get nervous… I already knew where this was heading.

"Hey Sasha! Lets ride together!" Connie ran over to Sasha.

Jean pushed his face away and held Sasha by the waist, "Sorry shortie, she's mine."

Connie crossed his arms and looked over to Annie, "Wanna ride with me?" Annie quickly held on to Armin's arm and stepped into the cart. "Mikasa?" Connie pleaded.

"She's going with Eren," Sasha pushed me towards Eren causing me to stumble. Eren caught me by my shoulders. Sasha winked at me and smiled and I felt myself beginning to blush. Dammit Sasha, I knew I shouldn't have told you.

I looked back at Eren and he smiled, "This will be fun."

...I hate you Sasha.

Connie turned around to Levi. Levi was the last person he wanted to ride with. "Fine." Levi looked pissed.

~

I sat across from Eren. The cart began to move upward. He tilted his head and smiled slightly looking at a happy family. A mom, a dad, one son, and a daughter. I was the closest thing he had to family… and I'm not even blood related.

I watched him as he took in the entire beautiful view. I'm always with him, but it feels different this time. My heart began to race. I want to tell him so bad. I want to tell him how I feel.

Eren looked back at me. I tried to look away quickly, hoping he didn't catch me staring. "Why do you still wear that scarf I gave to you ages ago?" Eren asked.

I touched the red fabric, realizing I was wearing his scarf, it's become a habit of mine. "I never got the chance to say thank you for wrapping this scarf around me, and being there for me when I had no one."

Eren blushed and was shocked, "It's just a scarf. I'll wrap it around you as many times as you want." A big, wide smile spread across his face, making my heart melt. Eren grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. In the spur of the moment, thinking he was pulling me in for a kiss, I pressed my lips against his. I became aware and quickly backed away. His eyes were wide and his face was bright red.

"Wh-why? I just wanted to point out something down there." He stuttered pointing at a mascot titan. In embarrassment, I buried my face into my scarf, shaking my head in regret. I want to die.

I felt hands lift my face up from my scarf and pulling me in. He kissed me gently. I wrapped my hands around his neck. All I could think about was his lips and the warmth of our bodies together. We were at the top of the Ferris Wheel now. The fireworks were released, but we tuned out the entire world. It was only me and him.

We parted, but still in each other's arms. Eren rested his forehead against mine and whispered softly, "You'll never be alone again. From now on, we'll keep on being together."

~

(Meanwhile in Levi and Connie's cart)

(Levi's POV)

The baldy pressed his hands against the window and stared at the fireworks. "Wow! I hope Sasha is enjoying this!"

I also watched the fireworks as it lit up the sky. "I hope she's enjoying this too," I thought to myself... Mikasa, what're you thinking about right now?