11. Infatuated (Armin x Annie)

Chapter 11 - Infatuated (Armin x Annie)

Recommend Reading First:
Chapter 6 - Secret Admirer (Optional)

~

Annie's Point of View

I sat in the back, shuffling in my seat. I tugged at the pink silky end of my dress, "I look like a joke."

I looked at the door, considering for a moment on how I should make my escape. Armin invited me, I can't leave. I always find myself doing stupid things whenever it had to do with Armin… Why was that?

~

I looked at the groom, Gunter. He was staring lovingly at his wife, his eyes sparkled and it seemed as if he wasn't conscious of the crowd of people watching them. It was as if he believed it was just them two in the entire world.

Would anybody ever look at me that way? Probably not. In my world, its was always only me. And it will stay that way forever.

~

I walked out of the building to get fresh air. This is my chance to leave. I turned the other way from the direction of laughter and music. I felt arms wrap around my waist, and pulled me in.

My reflexes would naturally come in by now, but I felt somewhat safe from their touch, "I finally found you. I thought you weren't going to come." Armin grinned.

My cheeks began to burn and I turned my head to look at him. I recognized that kind smile. It made me feel safe, I didn't want to look away. Did he say he was looking for me?… Someone for once.. was thinking about me?

~

For the first time. I felt as if I wasn't the only one in my world.

~