1. Homecoming Dance (Jean x Mikasa)

Chapter 1 - Homecoming Dance (Jean x Mikasa)

Jean's Point of View (POV)

I hate high school for many reasons. One, everyone calls me horse face. Two, I don't understand anything in school.. And lastly, the worst one of all, I'm in love with Mikasa Ackerman. It sucks 'cause she's known as the school's Ice Queen. Smart, strong, but emotionless. Unless she's with Eren, tch.

~

"I need to talk to you!" I shouted walking towards Marco.

"What is it, Jean?" Marco shut his locker. We headed toward our next class. Marco sat down in a seat behind mine.

"I want to ask her to homecoming." I felt myself beginning to blush. Just thinking about it gets me nervous.

"No, you're going to get your heart broken and I don't feel like going through that 'I wanna dye my hair black cause thats the color of my soul' phase again."

"Whatever. I'm going to ask her tomorrow."

~

My clammy hands started to stick to the box of chocolates. "I don't know if I can go through with this anymore." I panicked.

"Well too late to go back now. Here she comes. Hey Mikasa!" Marco said.

Mikasa's eyes met mine, "Hey Marco, hi Jean."

"Th-this is for you." I felt my face beginning to blush as I held out the box of chocolates toward her.

"Thanks? What's it for?"

"I wanted to ask you, if maybe.. you'd like to go to-"

"Hey mikasa let's go to lunch!" Eren ran towards us shouting. "Oh hey guys!" Eren looks down at the chocolates, "Where'd you get those?" Can you shut up Eren.

"You can have them," she hands them to Eren. He looked confused. "I'm allergic to chocolate."

"Oh yeah, I forgot! Good thing you have me, so you won't have to waste them." Eren smirked.

He untied the ribbon I've been working all night on to make it perfect. "Hey you can't have tha-" I reached out to take the chocolates back from him but then I look over at Mikasa, who had the most beautiful smile. I stopped myself. At least my chocolates weren't for nothing.

I ended up not asking her that day. But it's alright, that rare smile was good enough for me.

~

Inspired by: seekingtomorrow

~

Follow my comedy and roleplay instagram account please @MikasaAckermann