Chapter Twenty-Two

Ronnie

Mistakes and messes. We all make them and soon they begin to pile up. Within time, the pile becomes bigger and bigger and bigger and soon enough, we’re so used to all of these messes and mistakes that we don’t even realize that we keep creating new ones. That’s until they catch up with you. And with all the messes and mistakes that you had created in time, there are just so many that it just becomes so hard to just try and fix one.

  And trust me, with me being me, my pile of messes and mistakes is probably the highest of them all.

  My eyes slowly opened as I felt a little vibrating inside my pants pocket. I rubbed my eyes once they wouldn’t fully open, and confusion immediately filled my mind once they did.

  Where in the world was I? Above me were tons of trees with a bright sun dipping below them. I was lying down on some mud and tons of crunchy, brown, dead leaves were resting underneath me. I literally had no idea where I was and how I had gotten there.

  The vibration in my pocket continued. I rubbed my eyes once more, then forced myself to get up. I felt my pocket and found the source of the vibration: my phone. On its screen it read ‘One new text message’. I flipped it open and the text appeared.

 “Ronnie, where are you?” It read.

  It was from Asher. Why was he wondering where I was? I then spotted the time on the top of my phone, it was four thirty. Huh, possibly my new record of sleeping in.

  As I ran my thumbs over the key pad, feeling its lumpy texture under my skin. I didn’t know how to reply to his message because I honestly didn’t know where I was. I definitely wasn’t at home, that I knew for sure.

  But what was home? I recalled being kicked out of my foster parents house last night, being completely disowned. I guess I basically didn’t have a home anymore. I had nowhere to go… no place to call my own. It scared me a little bit, having nowhere to go. I had no one to save me now when I got in trouble, which happened quite frequently.

  I stared up at the blue sky. What was I going to do now? Where was I going to go? How was I ever going to find my way out of this place?!

  I lifted myself from the ground. My legs ached and my head was throbbing insanely. I felt dizzy and the world seemed to be spinning under my feet. I had to wobble towards a tree and grab onto his trunk to keep myself steady.

  I leaned my head on the wood and closed my eyes so I could feel somewhat relaxed. I had no idea where I was, how I got here and it seemed my memory was faint when it even came to who I was.

  I’ll admit, I was a little scared. All I knew about where I was that it was some type of forest, and I wasn’t one to particularly like being in the middle of a forest alone.

  At least I got cell reception, I thought. I looked at my phone’s screen, which didn’t help with my headache really, but I knew I’d have to reply to Asher sometime soon or he’d get pretty worried. I texted him my exact location:

  “I’m in the middle of nowhere”

  It wasn’t long before my phone started ringing. I didn’t even have to check the ID to see that it was Asher calling. I pressed the ‘talk’ button and brought the phone to my ear. “Hey,” I said into the phone.

  “Ronnie!” I heard Asher say with a very concerned tone in his voice. “What do you mean you’re in the middle of nowhere?  Where are you?!”

  I sat down on the ground and leaned my head on the bark of the tree. “I told you Asher, I’m in the middle of nowhere. That’s really all I know, I thought I made that pretty clear.”

  “You seriously have no idea where you are?” He wondered.

  “Correct.”

“Do you have any idea how you got there?” He asked me, the concern in his voice becoming more noticeable by the second.

  “I really don’t remember…” I admitted. I put my hand on my forehead, and my eyes widened when I felt a large bruise on my forehead. “However… there’s a huge bump on my forehead. I have no idea how it got there.”

  “A bump?” He repeated. “How did that get there?!”

  Even though I was in pain, I couldn’t help but laugh at Asher. He could be so clueless sometimes. “I told you, I have no idea how it got there.”

  “You have to know how you got there!”

  Before I could tell him that I still had no clue where I was, I heard rustling and soon Asher’s voice was replaced by a new one. “Ronnie?” The recognizable voice said.

  “Avery?” I wondered. “Is that you?”

  “Yes it’s Avery,” He replied. “Where are you?”

  “In the middle of some type of forest,” I told him. “I have no idea how I got here though.”

  “What do you mean ‘you have no idea’?” He asked me. “You can’t just forget something like that.”

  I sighed and ran my hand over the bruise on my head. “Yet I did forget…”

  “How?” He questioned.

  “I don’t know Avery!” I snapped. I was getting a little mad at the boys and their constant and repetitive questions. “I guess it has something to do with this bruise on my head though…”

  “Bruise on your head?” Avery exclaimed. “How big is this bruise on your head.”

  “Around two fingers wide, seems like a real knocker,” I explained. “Really hurts.”

  “Ronnie… how did you get the bruise on your head?” He wondered, his voice very serious. I had never head playful Avery be so serious before.

  “I really don’t remember,” I said. “I must have tripped and fell or something. It really hurts though…”

  It was quiet for a minute before Avery said, “Ronnie, can you promise me that you’ll stay put exactly where you are?”

  “With this killer headache I have, I’ll stay put. Why?”

  “Because we’re coming to get you.”

**************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! Pretty un-eventful chapter, but hey, at least it's something!

Well, first off I want to say thanks so much for getting The Three Of Us up to one thousand reads! Means a lot to me guys! :D

And now, the song of the chapter is... If You Ever Come Back by The Script. Love the song. You may wanna give it a listen to! 

Thanks so much for reading guys! Please comment and vote to make me smile :)

-830freckles