Chapter Two

Asher

   With my “father” being a business man and my “mother” being a well-known chef, I’ve been used to changing schools on a regular basis. Most kids never got to know my real name, so at school I was always known as “that new kid.”

  My “parents” don’t seem to understand that you make friends in school, and once you leave, you’re just a memory. That’s sort of what my real parents are to me. I know for a fact that Helen and Timothy Blame are only my adoptive parents… yet they don’t know that when I was nine years old I found my adoption certificate.

  And take the advice from me, Asher Blame, it’s not easy being adopted.

  I licked the blood from my lip as I got shoved into the dark green lockers of Everlock High once more. Let’s just say my first day here was splendid!

  The big, burly guy who was holding me by the collar of my shirt grinned as he watched me groan in pain as he smashed me into the locker once more. Judging by his green and white letterman jacket and all of the other big burly guys in the same outfit as him, I was guessing that this guy here was on the football team.

  He was about to shove me one more time, I closed my green eyes as I waited for it to happen, but all of a sudden I heard, “Ethan!”

  My eyes opened as I was dropped onto the ground. I quickly got up and I noticed a quite angry girl with light brown hair, the same exact color as mine, cut unevenly and bright green eyes that seemed oddly familiar. She was wearing baggy jeans and hiking boots and jacket, her arms were crossed and her eyebrows were furrowed and she didn’t look quite happy with the guy who had made my day ‘oh so special’, who I was guessing was Ethan.

  “Every single time!” She said as she approached the group of boys, as I saw her face from a closer view, I realized that she had some reddish-brown liquid on her lip. She shoved Ethan a little bit, and he actually backed up. “Can’t you just let the new kid have a good first day… for once?”

  “Jeez, Ron, thanks for ruining the fun,” Ethan said as he walked away, his friends in the letterman jackets followed.

  The girl walked towards me and rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe that guy, he picks on every new kid.”

  “Oh,” I replied. “I thought I was just special.”

  She smiled a little bit at my joke, and then she held out a hand. “I’m Ronnie by the way.”

  “Asher Blame,” I responded. I looked into her eyes once more, I was almost sure I had seen those exact same ones somewhere.

  Just then, another girl came out from where Ronnie came out of and saw that it was only us too. This girl here had on black combat boots and ripped jeans, plus a baggy sweater.

  Her brown eyes grew wide when she saw me talking to Ronnie. “Holy crap,” She muttered. She approached us a little bit. “Dudes, your eyes are the same exact color.”

  Ah, that must’ve been where I recognized them, from my mirror.

  The girl in the combat boots then turned towards Ronnie. “Now, where’d did Ethan go, I want to go give that kid a piece of my mind, I’m tired of him and his ways.”

  Ronnie pointed down the hall and the girl went off. She then faced me once more. “So, uh, I guess this means you’re new.”

  I fiddled with my bead bracelet that was around my wrist, I had it since I was four from what my “parents” told me. “Um, yeah. I moved here with my family a few weeks ago.”

  “You liking it here?”

  I was about to respond, but then I just couldn’t ignore the fact that she had something on her face. I pointed towards my own bottom lip and said to her, “Um… you have something.”

  “Oh!” She exclaimed as she wiped away the substance. “Just some barbeque sauce.”

  I raised an eyebrow at her. “But didn’t you come from the bathroom?” I said as I motioned towards the door she had come out of that said ‘Ladies’ on it.

  She chuckled and then she crossed her arms. “Yeah, it’s a long story.”

  I grinned as we got along, it had never been easy for me to make friends, so I knew that if I wanted to t at least have someone to know my name, I’d have to take a chance. “I’ve got the time,” I told her.

  She put a hand on my shoulder. “You’re pretty cool, Asher Blame.”

  “So are you… Ronnie-”

  “-Messer.”

  “You’re pretty cool too, Ronnie Messer.”

*********************************************************************************************

Second chapter of this new story!!! What'd you think, do you like? :) Yes, no, maybe so?

Yes, I updated twice and a third update is coming your way, so please stay posted!

I really hope you guys like this story, it would mean so much to me if you commented or voted. I'd smile a supper big smile :D

Thanks so much for reading!

-830freckles