Chapter Eleven

Asher

 Something a lot of people don’t know about me is that even though I may be quiet most of the time, if you get me mad, I will really lash out at you. I have been known for having my little “moments” as my “parents” called them. I would get red in the face, my fists would clench and my voice could really get high.

  So here’s a little tip, never come near Asher Blame when he’s angry.

 Ronnie and I had told Avery about our little discovery about the baby picture of me, which we had printed out. Avery had even told us that he found out the name of his real mother, which was Janet. He also told us that he was trying to find more information about her, but has come up blank so far.

   I had actually been really curious to see if anyone had any more information about this picture of me, so I had made a bunch of signs with the baby picture of me that said at the top ‘Do You Recognize This Child’ at the bottom it read my cell phone number, so someone could contact me if they had any info.

  And I was learning that putting up this picture of me had been a very bad idea. So far I had gotten fifteen prank calls, and I was really getting tired of them. Some had even told me that this was their kid and they wanted it back. Creepy much?

  “So, has anyone given you any real information on the picture?” Avery asked me as him and I walked through the hallways on an early Wednesday morning.

  I sighed and shook my head. “I’ve gotten zilch so far. Just a few people prank calling me…”

  “Aw man, that sucks.”

  Just then, we heard a bunch of laughs come from behind us. Avery and I stopped dead in our tracks and turned around. Standing behind us were those kids that had beaten me up on my first day of school. The only one I had a hint of remembrance of was the burliest of them all, Ethan Rorrelly.

   His friends and him marched right up to us, smirks all over their faces.  “Wow, you’re so low you’re hanging with a…” He eyed Avery for a second. “An eleven year old!”

  Avery stepped up a little bit, but I stepped in front of him. “He’s fourteen for your information.”

  “Same thing,” He snapped.

  I rolled my eyes at him and I decided that it was time to fight for myself. I had only made that decision now since Ronnie wasn’t here this time to save me from Ethan.

  “And at least I have a real friend,” I told him. I stepped forward a little bit. “Unlike you, all you have are your little followers who are only with you for your stupid popularity.”

  “Excuse me?” He growled.

  “I just said that you don’t have any friends,” I repeated.

  Before I knew it, I was being held against a locker. Ethan had his arms pressed against my chest so I couldn’t move, and all of his so-called friends were surrounding him so I couldn’t get free. One look at Ethan’s face and I knew that the kid was mad. His eyes were narrowed, he was baring his teeth and he didn’t seem to be showing any thought of letting me free. I was almost imagining white foam to start coming out of his mouth.

  I could Avery on the other side of all the jocks screaming, “Asher! Asher!”

  I struggled to get out of his hold, but I had no chance. I felt as if I was already dead.

  “Well kid, this is what you get,” Ethan sneered as he watched me panic a little bit. “Any last words, shrimp?”

  “Yeah,” I said, surprised that I could find my voice. “Get a life.”

  He backed up from me a little bit, and I was finally free. But I knew that this wasn’t the end of the things by the looks of what was happening. He was adjusting the sleeves of his jacket so they ended at his elbows and he was getting his game face on. Ethan’s fists were clenched and he stood with his legs apart.

  This was the beginning of a big fight.

  “Any last words this time?” He asked me again.

  I gulped a little bit as I asked him, “Why?”

  He looked at me with a little bit of a confused face. Yeah, I guess that one word question was a little too much for his brain to function, but he could at least try.

  “Why do you want to beat me up just because I was hanging out with a kid that was a few years younger than me?”

  “Dude, just shut up and let me punch you in the face!” He ordered, it almost sounded as if he was begging.

  I sighed and I stepped a little closer to him. I rolled my bright green eyes as I told him, “Fine, do what you gotta do.”

  He raised his fist to punch me and right as his knuckle was going to hit me in what I had just done since it was very unAsher-like, but I just went along with it. I realized that this was my one shot to finally get my revenge on Ethan, so I raised my free hand and I hit him smack in the face.

 The audience that had formed around us all gasped as they watched a little bit of blood trickle of his nose. I had to admit, this was a little weird. When I did have my little moments where I got angry, I sometimes did things that almost seemed as if they were being controlled by something else than my brain. It was weird… but you never know, it could sometimes get in handy.

  “Are we done now?” I asked Ethan. “I have better things to then this.”

  Without even letting him answer, I walked away from him and I made my way through the crowd. Avery was waiting for me at the end. His eyes were wide and his jaw had dropped. “You just punched Ethan in the face, you realize that, right?”

  I couldn’t help but smile at my accomplishment a little bit. “Yup, I sure did!”

  Just then, Ronnie’s friend Ray ran up to me and she jumped up and down. I looked at her a little awkwardly until she finally calmed down. “I cannot believe you just did that!” She squealed. “Dude, you’re a legend.”

  “Merci beaucoup,” I said sarcastically in French.

  Things were actually starting to look up for once.

****************************************************************************************************************

Yaaaay! We get to see an update and a new side of Asher XD Did you guys see that whole new side of him!

And who else hates Ethan?! Because I do!

  This was a pretty fun chapter to write! Sorry it took me awhile to post it :S I'll try harder to write faster.

  Thanks so much for reading! Please comment or vote... it'd make me smile :)

Oh! And the song for this chapter is... Warning Sign by Coldplay, it's such a sweet song!

Thanks for reading!

-830freckles