Chapter Seven

Ronnie

One thing I can’t stand is when people lie to me. Because one thing that most people don’t know about me, is that I can sniff out a liar like one of those FBI dogs. This also makes me a very terrific liar at the same time though.

  So here’s a little tip from me, Ronnie Messer… if you want to be safe… you might as well just tell me the truth.

  I squeezed the blond boys shoulder. The kid had just lied to me and I was not liking it.

  Last night I had seen his eyes glued to me and Asher when we were talking about our adoption stories, and now he was looking at us nervously… boy, did I have him cornered or what?

  “Uh… um…” He stammered as I tightened my grip on his shoulder even more. This boy was going down. “I d-didn’t mean to, I swear!”

  I raised one of my eyebrows at me. “’Didn’t mean to’ he says? Like you really expect me to believe that!” I shook my head at him and I laughed with a disgusted tone. “You could have easily just gone back to work!”

  I could see him start to squirm a little bit. I felt the corners of my mouth rise a little bit as I saw how uncomfortable the kid looked.

   I was about to question him more, when Asher nudged me in the ribs. “Let the kid go, Ronnie,” He told me.

  I looked up into his eyes and sighed as I looked back at the kid in front of me again. I groaned as I took my hand off of his shoulder and I put it in the pocket of my jeans.

  “I really have to get going now,” He said very quickly as he started to retreat.

  “Can you at least tell us your name?!” I called after him as he started to run a little bit.

  He stopped quickly, making his shoes squeak on the ground slightly. I could see his shoulders slump a little, and then he started walking towards us again.

  “I’m Avery, Avery Morrison,” He introduced.

  “I’m Asher Blame,” Asher told him, and then he motioned towards me as he said, “And this is Ronnie.” He then crossed his arms over his chest, as if to look threatening on some level. “And Avery, you can’t tell anyone about this whole adoption thing, we can’t have anyone knowing.”

  Avery nodded his head quickly. “I promise I won’t tell anyone. I cross my heart.” As he said this, he made drew a little cross over his chest.

  “Good,” I said to him. “Now, shoo.”

  He gladly ran away to whoever knows where. I then looked up and Ashton, who was looking at me with quite the surprised look.

  “I’m guessing you really don’t like that kid,” He said to me, a little bit of a grin on his face. “You were giving him a really tough time!”

  I shrugged my shoulders at him, not really caring. “Hey, he deserved it. You listen to what I’m saying, you get the payback, deal with it.”

  Just then, Ray appeared from one of the classrooms and made her way towards me. “Sup!” She exclaimed as she patted my head  as if I was a little puppy. She knew I hated it when she did that, the exact reason why she did it.

  “Hey!” I greeted as I shook my head, getting her hand off.

  Ray looked up at Asher and raised an eyebrow at him. “I don’t think we’ve properly met yet.”

  He gave her a nod with his head. “Uh, yeah, I don’t think so either.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down at his shoes. “I’m Asher Blame, Ronnie’s friend.” He looked up at her at the end of his sentence.

  She smiled deviously at him and said with satisfaction. “I’m Ray Mallon, Ronnie’s best friend.”

  She grabbed my neck and then she ruffled my hair. “Now, I think we’ve got some plastic girls to play pranks on, right Ron?”

  I grinned at her. “You’ve got that right Ray.” I then looked up at Asher and asked him, “Care to join?”

  He raised an eyebrow. “Well, only if I find out what you’re exactly going to do to these plastic girls.”

  Ray smirked at him. “Well, something involving tons of mayonnaise.”

  And I knew that Asher and me were going to be great friends when he said, “I’m so in.”

********************************************************************************************************

Updated!

Here's chapter seven, I'm getting pretty far in this story and I'm pretty proud if I must say so myself! :D 

Honestly, I adore Ray's character! Haha, I love her little "Best friend" thing that she did, she makes me laugh. :) Plus she's portrayed by Dakota Fanning to make it even better!

So, what'd you think of this chapter? Plus! I'll warn you, the drama is coming up very soon. :) Heehee

Oh! And the song for this chapter is Here Without You by 3 Doors Down, I love them!

Thanks for reading!

-830freckles