Chapter Four

Ronnie

  Funny, most people have told me that with a last name like Messer (which was my current foster family’s last name) it described me perfectly. I’ve been known to be able to cause tons of messes in my life, so much that I bet one day I’ll  get a reward for it (now wouldn’t that be awesome.)

  But I’m only seventeen, and I know for a fact that I’ll be causing much more messes in the years to come.

  At the moment, I felt as if I was a body guard for this new kid, Asher Blame. Ever since I saved him from Ethan Rorrelly, one of the stupid football players, he had been following my every step, most likely scared that he’d encounter one of the jocks once again.

  As I turned a corner to get to my locker, Asher turned with me. I raised an eyebrow, crossed my arms, and looked at him. Ray was right when she pointed out that we had to same color eyes. Weird.  I’d never seen anyone with bright green eyes like me, but then one day, BAM! Here he was. We also had our light brown hair in common. Plus, I had to respect him for this other appearance feature, like me, he didn’t really seem to care about what he was wearing. He just had on a pair of worn out jeans and a plain blue Tee.

  I looked up at him (yes, he was taller than me, but to tell the truth, I’m pretty short) and I said to him, “So Ash.” That’s right; I just gave myself permission to call him that. “You’ve just been following me around all day, so why don’t you tell me about yourself?”

  “Well,” He started as he shoved his hands into his pockets. “I just moved here, as I said before, with my…” He then trailed off and looked up at the ceiling. “Parents,” He finally said, as if it was forced.

  I raised an eyebrow again at his ways of talking about his family, but I just shook my head so I’d get the thought away. “Any brothers or sisters?” I wondered.

  He shook his head; he then nodded towards me as if to say “You?”

  “Well, sorta,” I replied. To me, secrets were meant to be revealed, so I had no problem telling this boy my life story. “My parents gave me up when I was three, so I’ve gone from foster home to foster home. Now I’m with this other family, they have a son who’s nineteen.”

  His eyes grew wide. “You’re adopted?”

  “Well, not yet, but I think this family may be my lucky shot,” I replied. “Why?”

  He ruffled his hair. “Well, I know what you’re going through, let’s just say that.”

  My eyes lit up once I realized what he was talking about. I smirked. I always thought that I was the only one who had to go through not having a real family, but by the looks of it, now I had a buddy that knew how it felt.

  I punched him playfully on the shoulder. “Okay, you and me have to go talk about this at The Caffeine Bean!” I usually wasn’t so jumpy, but this was exciting!

  He looked at me awkwardly. “Um, what the heck is The Caffeine Bean?”

  I put a hand on my hip and stared at him, completely amazed. “You don’t know what TCB is? Boy, you need to learn.”

  He chuckled at my reaction. “I guess so, but I think first I should get to my first class where the real learning actually is.”

  I sighed as I remembered we were still in a school. “Oh yeah, that…”

***

  Six hours later, and school was finally over. I walked over to my locker, grabbed my stuff, and headed out to find Asher. Once I spotted him backing away from a few football jocks were “oddly” close to him, I grabbed his sleeve and dragged him out the doors.

  “Thank you!” He cried once we were outside of Everlock. He pointed towards the doors of the school. “I do not like those guys.”

  “Trust me, no one does.”

  And then, we were off to catch the next city bus that would lead us into the town so we could go get hyper on caffeine…

*********************************************************************************************

Hello again!!!
Well, I know the chapter is pretty short, but this story is only getting started... so don't worry!! :D
I'm really getting into the flow of this story, I love it so much =D

Heehee

The song of this chapter is... Show Me What I'm Looking For by Carolina Liar (EPIC song, you gotta listen to it!)

Thanks so much for reading! Please comment and vote to make me smile like this =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:)

-830freckles