Chapter 17

Kellin's POV

I can't lie, i was nervous as hell to meet Vic's family, or as he put it, my 'new family'. Vic was holding my hand in his as we walked down the stairs. We arrived in the kitchen and i saw a short, tanned lady who looked very similar to Vic.

When she turned around and saw us in the door way she rushed towards me squealing with open arms. I was wary at first, but i knew she had good intentions so i pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. That's what happens when you've been abused by the people that are meant to love for over half your life i guess.

She pulled me into a bone crushing hug before stepping back to get a proper view of me. "Oh my you're such a gorgeous boy! What's your name?"

I gave her a small smile "Kellin ma'am"

"Oh no need for that Kellin! My names Vivian but you can all me Mama! Anyway, you're part of our family now anyway!"

I smiled brightly "Thank you Vi- i mean mama"

"It's no bother Kellin! You can live here for as long as you want. The boys filled me in on what happened and there's no way you're going back there! You can stay in Vic's room, I'm sure he wouldn't mind"

I turned to look at Vic, mouthing a thank you. I was glad that i wouldn't have to repeat my story to anyone.

"Well i won't bother you anymore boys! Enjoy your Sunday, it's back to school tomorrow" And with that, mama disappeared but i couldn't help but smile. 

"I finally have a family" I whispered, mainly to myself. "That's right" Jaime replied "Our family is your family now!"

"Jaime, Tony and I are going to play some COD. You guys want to come?" Mike asked. Before i could answer, Vic said "No it's okay, I'm going to take Kellin somewhere" They just nodded before all disappearing into Mike's room.

"Sooo where are we going?" I asked Vic with a cheeky smirk on my face.

"You'll see" He said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door and into the car.

We drove for about 10 minutes until we stopped outside a little ice cream parlor. 

"Come on, Kells! Let's go!" Vic exclaimed with happy eyes. 

We entered the shop and my jaw dropped. There were tens, even hundreds, of ice cream flavours to choose from.

"Choose whatever you would like" Vic said cheekily "I'm paying" 

I knew that there was no point arguing with him because 1) I knew i'd never win and 2) I didn't have any money to buy it with anyway.

After the extremely hard decision of what flavour to choose, i went with Gold Medal Ribbon. We grabbed our pots off the counter and exited the shop.

It was only then that i realised what was in front of me. I gasped. The beach.

"Oh my God" I said speechless "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I screamed grabbing Vic and pulling him into a tight hug. "I've never been to the beach"

We walked across the golden sand, it slipping in between my toes. It felt unreal. Like a dream. The ocean waves crashed against the shore, creating what looked like galloping white horses.

"It's beautiful" I whispered to no one imparticular.

Before i knew what i was doing, i found myself singing one of the songs i'd written. It seemed quite fitting.

I lost my heart, my home is the ocean.
The waves underneath will soon be my home.
I will fall asleep.
I'll close my eyes and dream of days when I wasn't all alone.

I heard clapping from behind me. I turned and saw Vic. I had gotten so caught up in natures beauty that i'd forgotten that he was there.

"That was amazing Kellin. I didn't know you could sing. What was it called?"

I felt my cheeks heat up. I bet i looked like a tomato right now. "Don't fall asleep at the helm" I said, answering his question.

"Don't be embarrassed Kellin. Seriously, that was amazing. Have you written any others?"

"Um Yeah" I said quietly " When we went back to get something from my house, i was collecting my lyric book"

"Well i bet they are all beautiful, Just like you"

I looked up at him, shocked by what he had just said. He crawled up to me and took my head in his hands, looking lovingly into my eyes. I didn't break the gaze until i felt his lips on mine. I fell backwards into the sand but at that point, i didn't care.

The kiss was fiery and hungry. We were both getting into it. Vic broke off from the kiss before taking my hand and pulling me onto his lap.

"Kellin i have something to tell you" He said, nervously. I looked at him, urging him to continue. "I, um,uh, i like you Kellin. I REALLY like you"

"Well that's great news" I replied with a smirk on my face. " Because i like you too"

"Be my boyfriend" He breathed huskily.

Well, i wasn't expecting that. Had i heard him right? Someone wanted to be with me? I realised that i had left it too long.

Vic looked away, clearly upset. "No don't worry about it. I'm sorry, i rushed into it. I kne-"

"Yes" I cut him off.

"What?" He replied confused.

"Yes, Vic. Yes i'll be your boyfriend"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go guys! We're getting into it now! What do you think so far? What do you think is going to happen next? Please vote and comment because i love to know what you think!

xoxo