Chapter 5

Kellin's POV

Nervously, I stood outside the canteen doors debating whether or not I should just go in. Was Vic really being nice to me? Was this real? Oh grow up Kellin. Come on stop being a wuss and go in.
I entered the canteen anxiously searching for the tiny hot Mexican.
"Kellin, over here!"
I whipped my head round and saw Vic sat at a table in the cover with 3 other boys.
One looked kinda like Vic just taller and with a lot of tattoos. Then there was the one that looked super hyper and his hair made him look like he'd just been electrocuted. Then finally there was someone with short brown hair, tattoos and a dermal piercing at the corner of his eye. He looked kind of shy.
Well they all looked like nice people.

I started walking over to the table and the other three boys started to give me confused looks.
"Guys this is Kellin, a friend I made in English" Vic introduced.
"Kellin this is Mike, my little brother" he pointed to the really tall one. I guess that's why they look kind of similar but I would have thought he was the oldest! "Jaime and finally Tony" I figured that Jaime was the hyper one that constantly looked like he was tripping and Tony was the shy one.
I sat down at the table next to Vic and expected to be ridiculed or beaten up but when I looked up I saw nothing but smiles.
"Hi, Kellin Quinn" I whispered again.
"Nice to meet you Kellin!" Said Mike.
Then he extended his fist. Immediately I jumped back, tripping over the bench and landing on my butt with a thud. Then I shuffled back quickly and looked up at the table.
Oh god.
I'd messed up again.
He only wanted a fist bump.
Fuck.
Now I have to come up with an excuse.
They all looked at me with worried expressions.
"Hey Kellin are you alright?" Vic asked, his face laced with concern.
"Umm y-yeah s-sorry I just tripped over the b-bench when I tried to stand up"
I was just hoping that was good enough.
I saw all the guys exchanging looks and then back at me.
"So Kellin, tell us a bit about yourself?"
Yes. I was so thankful that they dropped the subject.
"Uh my names Kellin Quinn Bostwick but I go by Kellin Quinn. I'm 17 and uhh that's it."
"Who are your friends?"
"Uh I don't have any."
Then as if on cue. Brad arrived with his 'posse'.
"HA HEY LOOK, THE EMO FAGGOT HAS FRIENDS!" Shouted Brad. Then Tom, his 'sidekick' joined in.
"GAY PIECE OF SHIT! GO KILL YOURSELF"
I had to admit they hurt but the next one was over the line.
"HEY QUINN! I BET YOUR FATHER LEFT SO HE DIDNT HAVE TO BE AROUND A FAGGOT SON!"
How did they even know my father left? All the group started to laugh and I looked back at my new 'friends' who had sympathetic faces.
I balled up my fists and felt a tear roll down my cheek.
Quickly I grabbed my bag and sprinted out of the canteen. The only words I was hearing now "Kellin come back!"
But I ignored it and just kept running.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Just want to let you know that I have nothing against gay people. I myself am actually bisexual and it's only for the story!
If you liked it please like, comment and vote and share with your friends!

Xoxo