Chapter 29

Kellin's POV

I felt as though all the life inside me had vanished. All the happiness, the laughter, the smiles had all disappeared.

All thanks to Vic.

After ignoring multiple phone calls and countless texts, I still felt no better.

As much as I wanted to sit at home all day and mope, I knew that I had to go to school. Even if I had to see him there.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out the door, making my way to school. Mike offered me a ride with him and the guys but I still wouldn't want to be near Vic even if he were the last man alive.

I soon reached the doors to hell and made my way straight to my locker.

Just as I opened it, I saw a piece of paper fall out and flutter to the ground.
Curious, I picked it up and saw my name written neatly on the front. Just as I was about to open it, I noticed Jaime staring intensely at me from across the hall like he was just waiting for me to open it.

I scowled down at the note, now knowing that it was another one of Vic's futile attempts to contact me.

I knew that he was still watching so I ripped up the note, not even bothering to read it and chucked it into the nearest bin.

I saw his shoulders drop slightly and turn and he turned and walked off no doubt to go and report to Vic.

However, I knew that this wouldn't be the last method he used to get my attention.

And my assumption was correct.

Random flowers appearing out of nowhere.

Seeing the words 'I'm sorry' and 'forgive me' everywhere I turned.

A load of people smiling at me and asking me how Vic and I were doing.

That's all I saw and heard all day. Vic this. Vic that. Vic. Vic. Vic.

It made my blood boil that he was doing all this to try and get me back when that's not what I wanted.

I didn't want flowers, or gifts, or popularity. I wanted love. I wanted trust. I wanted somebody who loved me wholeheartedly and didn't feel he need to kiss random strangers.

However, what pushed me over the edge was when he sent his friends over to do his grovelling.

"Hey Kellin," Jaime approached "so Vic just wanted to tell you that he's so-"

"Vic wanted to tell me?"

"Uh, yeah" he said looking slightly confused.

"Then why isn't Vic over here telling me himself! I'll never forgive him if he doesn't grow a pair of balls and come and tell me himself! He's awfully good at accusing but isn't man enough to apologise to me? Forget it"

I swatted my hand at him and turned my back, walking away from the conversation and from all things surrounding Vic.

I heard Jaime let out an exasperated sigh but I ignored it and carried on.

And to think I thought he loved me? I guess I'm just way too gullible.
My mother was right. No one will ever love me.

It's probably my fault. I mean was I too clingy? Too annoying? I must have done something because obviously I wasn't good enough!

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I rushed to the nearest bathroom, not hesitating to throw my bag into the corner and slide down the wall, head buried in my hands.

I instantly knew what was happening but this time I had no control over it, not now Vic was gone.

My breathing was becoming more and more laboured and it felt as though someone was strangling me.

I clawed at my throat, desperate to get any oxygen but nothing was happening.

I started to panic even more and I could feel the hot tears now streaming down my face.

Just as I thought I was going to pass out I heard voices getting closer to the toilets.

I was shaking so badly and black dots were appearing in my vision but I managed to see Mike and Tony chatting idly as they walked into the bathroom.

As soon as they saw me, a mixture of shock and concern was painted onto their faces.

Tony dropped to the ground next to me and took my trembling hands in his, me flinching slightly.

"Hey hey Kellin, come on now, calm down, you can do it" he said reassuringly.

I tried and tired to calm down but nothing was helping. Forming coherent words was practically impossible but I did manage to choke out a strangled "h-help" which made them look even more sympathetic.

Nothing that they were doing was helping and I was on verge of passing out and I think they knew that.

Before I even knew what was happening, Mike grabbed my face and smashed his lips onto mine before instantly pulling back and making a quiet gagging noise.

This made me freeze in place. Now I wasn't panicking anymore but I think that was just because I was in a state of shock.

"Sorry dude" Mike said apologetically "I had to do something and that was the first thing that came to mind"

"I-its o-ok" I breathed out with a shaky voice, just glad that the attack had passed.

"Are you ok to stand up?" Tony asked gently.

I just nodded before being pulled up by both the guys.

"Thank you guys" I said with a small, sincere smile

"No problem" Mike replied "I know this probably isn't the right time, but Vic really is sorry he just doesn't know how to show you "

I just scowled and turned to face them.

"Well then Vic better up his game"

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Another chapter! I'm sorry if this one is a little shitty but I'm just gonna class this as a filler!

I will try to update within the next few days but school work is really weighing me down!

Please tell me what you think as I love to know what people think of my stories!

Xoxo