Chapter 7

Kellin's POV

After saying goodbye to the boys during lunch, I didn't see them for the rest of the day.

I was currently sat in the back on my English class, I say in back as it's the only place where I don't get things thrown at the back of my head.

I was daydreaming. What did I do to deserve this life? Will I ever get out of that wretched house? I could feel the waterworks starting.
"Snap out of it Kellin" I whispered harshly to myself.
"Ha is the little faggot talking to himself again!" Brad shouted causing the whole room to burst into laughter.

I just put my head down slightly and pulled my sleeves over my hands. I guess it's become a habit.

Luckily for me, the final bell rang signalling the end of school. I grabbed my bag and was out of there before most people had even left their seats.

School ends at 4pm. I live a 20 minute walk away. If I'm not home by 4:15, I'm in trouble. You see my dilemma? I live 20 minutes away and she gives me 15? I'm sure she just wants another fucking reason to beat me.

I practically ran home. I say ran but I mean power walk. Too much exercise and I get too hot. If I get too hot I have to take my jumper off. If I have to take my jumper off, everyone will see my scars. It's like I can't win.

Finally I reached my 'house'. To be honest it's more like a slum. A hut at most. I checked my watch. 4:14:47. I had exactly 13 seconds to get home. Luckily for me, I was in time.

I slowly opened the front door as if I open it too loudly, I know my mother will come for me.

I made my way into my room/ kitchen and started to clean up. I grabbed a bin bag and filled it with all the glass bottles that had covered the floor. I knew that by the morning it would look like it had never been cleaned but I had to do something to clear my mind.

When that was finished I pulled out my maths homework, struggling on it for a while until I finally finished. I have to do all my work before my mothers wakes up other wise I have no chance.

As if on cue, my mothers burst through the kitchen door, a bottle of whiskey in her hands. It was practically empty.

"Kellinnnnn you fuckingggg ungrateful bitchhh get over here now!" She slurred

I could smell the alcohol on her breath from about 2 metres away.

Quickly I walked over to her with my head down. "Yes ma'am?" I asked politely. She didn't reply so I looked up, and quickly regretted it.

Her fist collided with my eye. I stumbled backwards, cursing under my breath. I instantly knew it was going to bruise. I couldn't afford any makeup to cover it up with so I usually just keep my head down when things like this happen.

Then I felt it again. Right in the same spot. Followed by a slap. And another. A few kicks in the ribs. More punches. More kicks. I whimpered quietly. My ribs were stinging and I was almost certain a few were broken. Also my eye hurt like a bitch!

Just when I thought it was over, she grabbed the empty whiskey bottle and smashed it around the side of my head.

I cried out in pain and grabbed my head in the hands. I felt something sticky on them and looked down. They were covered in blood.

"I'm goinggg out" she snapped and stumbled out the door. Probably to hook up with some random guy at a bar. That's what usually happens. Sometimes she even brings them home and they help her beat me. It's like it's a game to her.

As soon as she was out the door, I limped my way up the stairs to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and examined the bruises. They were black and yellow and green. Like a piece of disgusting art. I still have the bruise from this morning, the hand prints around my neck. Not to forget the latest piece to the collection. A huge fucking gash from the top of my temple to my cheek. Well fuck.

Hastily, I got in the shower, turning on the limited cold water. I didn't stay in too long as I'd rather not freeze to death but just long enough to wash off the blood and clean the cuts that had been made earlier.

I dried off and made my way back down to the kitchen, rolling out my sleeping bag. I was so tired so today's activities that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the cold tiled floor.

----------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Thanks for reading? Are you enjoying it so far? I'm always here if anyone needs to talk. Please like, vote, comment and share with your friends!

Xoxo