Chapter 27:

"You didn't know about this, did you?" I whispered.

"I did, but just when Amanda passed away." He whispered back, very cautiously.

"H-how?"

"Alana told me that I was adopted, and we have the same mom- Amanda. Since they both were sisters, Amanda was sure to leave Alana with her first born. Not a love child or anything I-" he broke.

"Andrew honey, let me explain, okay?" She asked, and Andrew nodded.

I was to surprised to respond to anything, I barely moved. What the fuck? What is my life? I'm not someone out of a tragedy book and even if I was, this would be too much. All I'm asking for is a tiny bit about of happiness, but no, universe doesn't seem to agree. Like seriously? What have i done wrong? Yeah, I have played pranks and shit, been naughty and stupid however I have been a good student. SO WHY?! Doesn't the universe have someone else to bother? I have got enough on my plate already.

"Diana, in less than a month your christmas break is going to start. I want you all to go on a road trip and enjoy your life and forget everything out here in Willmount. All this family business? Let me handle that. Ill take care of the court too. For now, you don't need to know anything, nor does Andrew. I know its not fair but darling you need to be happy, live your life. This can't go on forever. Take a break. Just know that I'm your legal guardian and Andrew is your brother. You don't have to shift anywhere and you still do have a family left, alright?"

Boy, now wouldn't we all want a guardian like her?

"There are just too many questions Alana.." I spoke, finally.

"And they all can be answered eventually. I will answer everything and anything you need to know. So just forget about this for now. I'm your family, so is Andrew. You aren't alone."

"I guess I can forget about all of this for a while." I smiled, it was a real one. They are my family, I still have someone left. Andrew, my bestfriend and the person who i have always looked up to as a brother turns out to actually be mine. Well, now that is a good thing. I don't really have objections against that.

"Okay okay mom, we'll go. But, when we are back, you have to answer both of us. If Amanda was my real mom, why did she leave me? Was I that bad?" Andrew asked, his face had dropped down like he felt worse than he ever has.

"No no no. Gosh. No. You were not given on purpose. They had to do it. Amanda was thrilled, she broke, she couldn't handle your loss and eventually Diana came along. When they shifted here, you were too small. She always came to visit you in secret. But since you were so young you don't remember. When you started growing up, you started asking questions and that; wasn't a good sign. So she had to stop being in touch with you and you started knowing her as Diana's mother." She explained, quietly.

"So she did love me?" He asked, now showing no emotion at all. Andrew was trying to be that tough guy again, I knew he would come along but its better not to force him now.

"Yes."

"Who or what did she have to protect me from?"

"Andrew. Ill tell you all about it. Diana, you too. Just trust me on this, please. Now isn't the right time. Once you're back from the break you can know it all."

Andrew sighed. "Alright. Whatever just- forget it. Where will we go though?"

"See, a part of this whole secret is that our family is the richest in the country, not only town. There is a beach house owned by Amanda, just 1 days drive. You can stop by in some motel. Ill install the address on your gps, okay?" She replied, proudly.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE HAVE A FUCKING BEACH HOUSE?

"WE HAVE A FU-REAAAKING BEACH HOUSE?!" I shrieked.

"Aww shit. My left eardrum is broken!" Andrew whined, while he continuously rubbed his left ear.

Alana chuckled, "Well yeah."

"Oh my gods. Oh my gods. Oh my gods!"

"And we can go there, like all of us?" Andrew asked, raising his brow as if he were seriosuly doubting her opinion.

"Yes. But of course, unless you all promise me not to do any funny business and not get arrested. I want a list of everyone who is going, not more than 10 people, we have enough rooms for each one of you. So I expect you to sleep..alone. Also, I won't let everyone go if they don't have their parents permission, understand?" She spoke in a serious voice.

"Yes ma'am" I saluted and then nodded eagerly.

YAY YAY YAY

"what did I miss?" Mason asked, casually strolling into the room.

I rolled my eyes, this guy seriously has the worst timing in the world or is just acting. "The fact that princi called to inform us that you're chucked out of school." I said nonchalantly.

"Uh, Anna, you do realise that this is Andrew's house..so if the princi actually did call, it would be at my house not his."

Aww shit. I didn't think about that.

I pursed my lips together. Dumb, that was a dumb move.

Everyone started laughing, yes, Alana too.

Well, I guess it won't hurt to have a family. I was actually happy. Not only was Alana dealing with my court issues but turns out that she is my aunt. And the guy who I always wanted as a brother was actually my brother.

***

"WE ARE GOING WHERE?" Lisa screeched into my ears.

Damn my ear drums.

"Babe calm down, please. I don't plan on going deaf any time soon!"

"But but but- OH GOD we are going on a road trip!"

"Mmm hmmm" I murmured.

Where the heck is Ashton?

"Are you sure Alana is cool with this?" Jer asked.

I nodded.

"Okay so, who all are in?" I asked.

Everyone around me raised their hands like little kids in kindergarden when the teacher asks them some question. All of them looked at me with those wide baby eyes. So adorable.

I laughed while all the others gave me confused looks.

Oh.

"Um, alright so let me know tomorrow what your parents say okay?"

They all nodded their heads in sync. Such cute babies.

"But its so far away!" Maddison whined.

"Oh shush, we have to focus on the competition anyway. We have like what, 2 weeks left?"

"Well, you do have a point, bitch." Maddison said, rolling her eyes.

We all laughed.

"Okay, adios bitches. I'm going to find my boyfriend." Maddison said, getting up and waving us goodbye.

"What if you find him sucking some other chicks face?" Mason called out.

"Then she'll have a black eye and he won't have balls left." She called back and smirked.

"Now that; is believable." Jeremy stated.

We all nodded, when Madds is mad, you'd rather not near her.

"So, what is everyone doing? I have the next 3 periods free then I'm going down to the park to play football with Cameron, anyone interested?" Mason asked.

"I could use a little bit of playing" I replied.

Yeah, we all like playing football. Its kinda fun, most of the time I play just to roll on the mud and get myself all dirty. I remember when I used to come home like a pig, mom used too..forget it. I sighed.

"Me too, ill bring Jenny along. She'll have fun and that way dad will be happy and will not think before saying yes!" Jeremy said, proud of his way to get his dad say yes.

"I'm in too." Andy replied.

"Me aussi." Lisa said.

"Why french?" I asked confused by her sudden use of french words.

"I don't know, I just felt like it.." She explained.

Great. Weird.

"Alright, I gots to go. We'll meet at the park at 4, cool?"

Everyone said yes. I bided my goodbye's and left too.

I scanned the hallways looking for Ashton but there was no sign of him.

Where int he world is this ass? I mentally groaned.

I have practice in one hour, luckily I have a free lecture right now. But that idiot isn't anyone to be seen.

I checked almost all the classrooms, the canteen, the library, the field, the music room, event he princi's cabin! Now where in the world could he be? I'm sure he wouldn't have just gone home..

Where have I not checked? Where have I not checked?

Oh..shit. I'm so stupid! I forgot to check the lawn, thats where I'm always there..

There he was.

I went over and plopped my self beside him. He was leaning towards the tree, his back pressed against the trunk and him staring at the sky.

"Hey," I whispered.

I knew there was something wrong because there was a hint of sadness in his eyes, he wasn't cheery and he was staring at the sky, also, he was all alone.

He didn't even look at me. He knew I was the only one who had the balls to sit next to him and annoy hi, when clearly he chose to be left alone.

"Come here." He whispered back, extending his arm so that I could lean into him.

I didn't hesitate and scooted closer, placing my head on his shoulders.

He placed his hand on my waist and pulled me closer. At this, I sucked in air. Well, this isn't expected.

When he didn't loosen his grip, I comforted myself and closed my eyes too.

When I opened them back, I saw what he was looking at.

"Missing her, huh?" I asked.

He nodded.

People forget so easily how Ashton was close to Amanda as well. I know how much it hurts. I too, take some time to myself so I can be with my mom, think about her, cry and then pick myself up so I'm ready to face the next days challenge.

"I miss her." He spoke, so softly that I almost didn't hear him.

"Me too, Ashton. Me too."

"I want to say sorry, but its not gonna do any good. I can't even accept the fact that she isn't here with us anymore. Its still not sinking in. Its like a part of me is still waiting for her to come back and I don't know.." He sighed.

"I'm not alone you know? I found out that Andrew is my brother. Like real brother. Mom had two kids. It makes sense since Andrew is almost more than a year elder to me."

"I don't even have the energy to be surprised Diana." He said, not moving his eyes away from the sky.

"Alana informed me that I own a beach house."

"Okay, you have my attention now." He chuckled.

I laughed too.

"She suggested for all of us to go there for a week, so we can get our minds off all of this. Its a two day trip there, so we'd have to stay in a motel for the night."

"I'm cool with it, ill ask Lily."

"Oh and ask Mel too, I couldn't get a hold of her."

He smiled. "Yes, yes I will,"

Alright then. Well that took some efforts to say. But its for Ashton, so its okay.

I closed my eyes, and listened to the beat of his heart for a few moments.

"You know, whenever I feel sad or I miss her, or even look up at the sky, there are always these two bright stars shinning in the sky and I can't help but always smile because I know. I know its them and thats all I need to get through the day."

__________________________________________________________________

Hiiiii, so how is this chapter? There was too much drama, I think its time to give them all a break! I hope the next chapters are fun and interesting.

I have a life too guys! Give me at least 2-3 days before I can update, please?

LOVE YOU ALL:* vote and comment.

Oh and, Ashton isn't that bad!