Chapter 44:

"How long? It's literally 11 PM! We've been waiting down since an hour now!" Andrew yelled from downstairs.

Aw shoot. Had it been an hour already? I have so much left to do;  fix my hair, apply makeup - which takes forever when you're trying to perfect the wing. There was no way I was going to be ready in time.  On top of that, Maddison had locked herself in my washroom, and refused to open up. All of my makeup was lying inside, so I really, really needed to buck the hell up.

"Madds, are you done yet?" I called out to her.

"No, give me 2 minutes; I'm still curling my hair!" She replied.

"Alright." I decided there was no way I was going to get to use my makeup, there was no point in wasting time waiting for my idiot of a best friend who was currently curling her Rapunzel-length hair.

I rushed into my closet and picked up my red stilettos; I tried putting them on while I rushed to Lisa's room. Not exactly the best idea, not only did I look like a hoping kangaroo, but also tripped and fell face first. I guess falling wasn't all that bad; it knocked some sense into my brain, and I paused my crazed kangaroo walk to finally put them on.

 "Hey Lisa! Are you done with the makeup? I desperately need to borrow it, Madds has locked herself in my washroom to curl her hair, and unfortunately locked my makeup with her too." I started explaining myself to Lisa as soon as I entered.

"Whoa, whoa, okay girl, calm down! You can use mine, I'm done with it anyway. Although, I don't think our concealer shade matches." 

"No issue, I just need the liner and mascara. Touch-up purposes only." I told her as she handed me her little makeup pouch. I walked back to my room shouting a 'thank you' before closing the door.

I set Lisa's pouch on the table next to the mirror, and rummaged through it until I found her eyeliner. I outlined the shape of my eyes first, and then proceeded to wing it. It took me at least 4 tries to match the left eye to the right one. It always happens! I can never get both of them right, not on the first try at least. 

Satisfied, and out of time, I brushed some dark eye shadow under my eyes. Then, I finished the look with some mascara. Looking at my appearance, I knew something was missing. Ah! My necklace! 

I rushed into my closet and found the little silver box that contained the precious jewelry. I opened the box, and stared at the angel pendant for a while, I was mesmerised. You don't come across such gorgeous jewelry everyday, and when you do, you can't get over it. 

"Anns! You done yet?" Madds asked; I heard her walking out the door. "I'll be there in a moment," I retorted.

I carefully removed the angel from the box, its silver wings spread out, showing off its exquisite features. It radiated such good vibes that I couldn't help but smile all to myself.

With the angel in my palms, I faced my reflection in the mirror. I wore the white lacy dress that both Mason and I had picked out yesterday. It fit my body perfectly, hugging my curves in all the right places. 

Perfect, I thought. I look presentable.

Holding the delicate chain, I unclasped it and tried to wear it around my neck. I would have been able to manage it normally, although this time the chain was too short. I strained my eyes to look at the pendant and had a hard time clasping it back on. I tried turning it around, so the clasp was right below my chin, but I couldn't get it right. 

"Anns, how long, they sent me to get you-wow." Ashton stopped dead on his tracks.

I turned around to see him dressed in black jeans and a grey button down, which was matched with a jet black faux leather jacket. His hair were done messily, and an expression of awe was flashing across his eyes.