Chapter 29:

"Umm, hello?" I spoke on the phone.

"Hi, its Mel. I called you to tell you that I won't be tagging along with ya'll for christmas because I'm going out of town with my family, I tried to convince them otherwise but they won't budge." The voice replied. Aah, so it was Mel.

"No worries. We were hopping you came, are you sure there is nothing any of us can do about it?" I was asking genuinely, I didn't wanna be a bitch to my bestfriend's girlfriend.

"I hoped so too, but I tried everything. Its a complete no no."

"Alright..." What else am I supposed to say?

"Yeah, sorry. I gotta go, see you later."

Aww thank gods. I was mentally making a list of all the awkward things to say..

"Who was it?" An annoying voice spoke. Not really I'm joking.

"Mel, she said she can't make it to the beach house."

With that, Mason's face lightened up and he grinned like a mad bear on pills. If that was even possible. I don't think it was though..

"Uhh Mason, I think I lost me keys.." I explained. Shit. Now what?

He came beside me where I was trying to look for my home keys and smacked me upside my head.

I frowned, "ow! What was that for?"

He gave me an 'are-you-fucking-serious' look and turned around. He walked back to the porch steps, where we placed flower pots and pulled out the flowers on my right. Then he dug his hands inside the pot and removed a pair of keys. He set back the plant and came over to me.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY HOME KEYS ARE!?" I screeched.

"Oh my god Diana! Will you shutup? I think I just went through a stage of sudden deafness."

I grinned, satisfied.

He unlocked the door and hung the keys on the holder.

"Okay, please explain how you know where my keys were?"

"You idiot, everyone knows where your keys are.." He said, nonchalantly.

"Umm, and who all are included in everyone?"

"Me, Ashton, Andrew, Andy, Lisa, Maddison, Jeremy, Carmen-"

I cut him off before the list could go any further. "Wait! Even your little kid brother knows where my keys are?" I was beyond shocked.

"Yep."

My eyes widened. See, now it won't be a surprise if I get killed or kidnapped.

"Go get ready, party starts at 7, its already 5 and it takes about 2 hours to reach."

I looked at him, confused. Confusion and I have become great buddies recently.

"Huh, what?"

"Derek o'malley's party, c'mmon, we'll be late!" He exclaimed.

"B-b-but I never knew about it.."

"Yeah, we didn't tell you earlier. Now stop annoying me and go change. Maddison and Lisa will meet you there, don't worry I'm not gonna kidnap you and lock you away in a dungeon even though I so badly wanna do that!"

Aww, look, he cares about me so much.

"But-"

"Seriously. Go now, or else Ill personally strip you off your clothes and make you change." He threatened.