Chapter 3:

"Hey Anna, hold up!" I didn't stop. I didn't have any reason to stop.

"Anns, baby, please."

Baby?

"Why are you doing this Ashton?" I whispered to myself, while running. He didn't have to come after me, he had the bitch Mel to look after for.

I heard him near, shit. Run fast! I said to myself.

However, before I could even pick up some speed, Ashton's hand caught hold of mine, and spun me around. It was all so sudden that I bumped right into him. For the first time I thanked myself for being so short. I didn't need to meet his eyes. It was one thing to drown in them, but, it was another to not be able to lie to him, especially when he was looking me in the eye.

Who knew my luck was only this short?

Ashton then lifted up my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze. I didn't realize that I was crying till he wiped my tears, making me blush lightly.

His eyebrows were furrowed together and his smiley face now held a frown. He was frowning because of me, I loved his smile.

"Anna? W-what's wrong?" Ashton stammered.

"Please, Ashton, leave me. I need some space." I whispered.

"No."

"Ashton please, let me go."

"Never, Anns. Never" He finished and pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around me.

It was the best feeling on earth. There is nothing in the world that I would trade for this hug. Sadly, it was just a hug for him. But for me; No words could express it. I know it's just a hug, not even a kiss, but, that's what happens when you're in love. It just is like that. Despite of being mad at him and feeling useless and lonely, I felt butterflies dancing around like crazy. My heart was already on an overdrive!

But, the weird thing was that Ashton's heart was beating just as fast.

Why?

"Hey Anna, Your heart is beating like crazy!"

"Mmhmm" I murmured against his chest.

Then there was a comfortable silence. My cheek was pressed against his chest, listening to his heart beat slowing down it's pace.

My inquisitive mind just needed to know why the hell Ashton's heart was beating so fast. Before I could stop myself, the words were already out.

"Your heart is not beating at any normal rate either." I put an accusing finger at his chest.

"Ha ha, I honestly don't know why," he replied.

I looked up, deep into his irresistible blue eyes, which was the only way to know the truth. Yep, he wasn't lying. I quickly put my head back down, not being able to hold his gaze any longer.

"So, it's not because of Mel?"

"Mel?" He asked looking at me confused. Then there was almost no sign of it, he masked the confusion away in a matter of seconds.

"Oh God Anna, I don't know how to explain it, she- she's just so beautiful and perfect. I have a feeling that she's the one, Anns! I think she is. She makes me feel so happy, and soppy and romantic. I just want to wrap her in my arms and be with her the entire day! I really like her, Anns. I really do. It's so weird though! I just met her today, literally and she's got me thinking like that! It's crazy! What do you think about her?" He asked.

I couldn't speak, more less breathe. She was the one, Already?

How could he already claim her as the one?