Chapter 5:

"Ouch!" I yelled, smacking Lisa on her head for the millionth time.

"Sorry," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes, although I was very aware of the fact that she couldn't see. It was so damn dark, and Coach Brown was making us walk for the past 15 minutes. Out of which Lisa had stamped on me 30 times already! Actually, I don't blame her. It was dark, VERY scary, you could freaking hear owls and the path was all broken up...we had to be very careful.

We were on our way to the so called 'echo' point. All of us were paired in two’s; we had the same group of pairs we formed for treasure hunt. Having Jeremy beside me made feel safer. Lisa was walking with Andy behind us, who as well were a little frightened. Damn, he screamed at least two times! It was hilarious. It was really hard to see anything around you so it was good since I didn’t need to see Ashton sucking up to Mel. But then again, Lisa really needed to improve her eyesight. Even though we carried flashlights, we weren't allowed to use them just yet. Or coach threatened to make us walk alone ahead. Trust me, it’s scary. 

The path was narrow just enough for two people.

Suddenly there were streams of moonlight pouring through small gaps up above, the gaps which the trees could not cover. Before I could even take in my surroundings, the trees scattered around revealing a beautiful spot from where the moon was seen clearly; big, white and beautiful.

The sky was a shade of purple, pink and violet. Gorgeous colors I tell you. My mouth remained open; everything just surprised me so much. The air around me was chilling but pleasant as well. This was the most amazing moment of my life. 

Everyone around me was quiet; no one seemed to want to destroy this moment. Silence was good, today for the first time, silence felt good and comfortable. The place was just so inviting. I can't believe I was going to spend the night here, in this beautiful-beautiful place. 

I looked up at Jeremy. He held the same expression as mine. He was awestruck too. 

Then he leant closer to me and whispered, careful to not destroy the silence. 

"Who knew India was so beautiful?"

I nodded my head in total agreement. 

The silence was soon broken by our amazing coach. Sure, I wanted to rip his head off. But, that would result in me getting killed before I could even strike. 

"Okay children, close your mouths. There are a lot of insects here, not kidding. Now be obedient children and form a circle around me, sit down, and I shall tell you an old belief about this place." 

Everyone did as he asked. I know it’s weird. However, people from Willmount high loved story time. And if you're in a place like this, heck no one would miss it.

"So, far away from here, there was once a palace ruled by a Hindu king. This king was very religious and wanted his daughter to marry a Hindu prince. Unfortunately, the princess fell in love with a prince of another cast; Muslim. Hindu and Muslims have a bad past, and their rivalry is well known. When her father found out about her little affair, he ordered the Muslim prince to sacrifice his life for the princess to be happy. If not, the kind threatened to keep the princess locked forever. Being in love, the young prince agreed. He rode off to this place you all are seated at and prepared for his death. What he didn’t know was that the princess was aware of this, and had snuck out of the palace to save him. As he jumped, she yelled his name loudly. But it was too late; he already had jumped of this very edge. Surprisingly the last words from his mouth were the princess's name. Her name echoed three times and then it was quiet. She smiled and jumped after him, yelling out his name too, and his name echoed three times. Both of them died with their last word being their lover’s name. Since then this became the lovers point. Where lovers would come and yell names of people the love. If it echoes back three times, it’s true. Now go ahead, try!" 

Aww. That is so sad, but at least the king didn’t get to rule over his daughter’s life. She died with the one she loved. It’s so soppy and cliché right?

"So, whose name are you going to yell?" Madds asked, as she stood beside me on the railing.

I blushed. "Oh, you know." 

Just when I was about to yell, I heard Ashton yell out Mel. Sadly, the name echoed back only once. I was happy and wanted to bitch slap Mel and yell, "HA. IN YO FACE." 

Everyone was busy yelling out different names so I thought of yelling Ashton's since no one would hear. Maddison had left me and joint her group for setting up the tents.

I shyly yelled out "ASHTON!" and waited for the response.

'Ashton...Ashton....’ One more! Just one more! '...Ashton.' And my eyes flew open.

Woah, it happened. I turned around to check if anyone noticed, everyone was busy either yelling out other names or setting up their tents. With a sigh of relief I started to walk to where my group was, just then someone caught my hand and spun me around, pulling me towards him in the process. 

"It echoed three times!" Ashton half whispered. 

My eyes flew open and almost popped right out of me. 

"Yeah, so," I tried to sound cool and unfazed. 

"I tried Mel’s, and it came back only once. Weird, huh" he asked, popping up an eyebrow.

"Yep." I murmured. 

"Look Anna, I'm sorry. I couldn't give you those 10 minutes" he said. I couldn't look at hum, or I would start crying. I loved this guy so god dammed much. 

When I didn’t reply, he lifted my chin up.

"Your girlfriend must be waiting for you, I think you should go." I said. It was true.
"H-how did you know?"

"You told me you'd ask her out on the echo point, so I'm assuming you did,"

"Yes. You remember?" He let out a sigh.

"Of course I do, you douche. I don't have a short term memory loss." I glared at him.

"Ha ha, that’s my girl, c’mon" he said, and put an arm around my shoulder.

We walked back to our group like everything was normal.

"GODS OF OLYMPUS. HOW THE HECK DOES ONE FIX THIS THING?" Jeremy yelled, looking annoyed. 

He was talking about the tent, the three guys: Ashton, Andy and Jer have been trying to put up the tent for almost half an hour, and they haven't even gotten the base right. 

Lisa and I burst out into fits of laughter, again. The only thing we had been doing for the past 30 minutes or so, was laugh. 

"Shut up! Will you?" Ashton glared at us.

We just started laughing again.

"Oh, so you think this is funny? If you think you can laugh at us for not getting this right then why don't you come and do it?" Asked Andy, equally annoyed.

"They don't know anything but how to laugh. Screw it." Said Jer. 

At this I looked up at Lisa, her eyes were gleaming with excitement and I knew exactly what she was thinking. 

"Okay fine. Challenge accepted, now move it." I said rubbing my hands together.

"Mel, you joining us?” asked Lisa

thankfully she said no and left.

"Okay boys if we do it, what do we get?" Lisa asked.

"Anything you want." Andy shrugged.

"You have to be our slave for the whole trip, okay?" I asked.

"Okay." The three of them said in union. 

"Now don't just stare at us. Move it. We'll call you when our masterpiece is done." I stated.

The three of them were confused but left eventually.

"What now?” Lisa asked looking up at me.

"Oh boy, you think I would let an opportunity of making the boys our salves go?" I asked. 

"Nope" She said laughing.

I glanced around.

"Okay, pretend you're joining something and keep a look out on the boys okay, I'll be back. Warn me if they are heading over to us." I said. She nodded.

Then I quickly snuck out of the boys view and ran over to the other groups.

"Hey! Mason move it, fast! I need your help, don't ask questions just go to where my group’s tent is, and you'll meet Lisa there!" I whispered. Mason did as I asked.

"Andrew! Madds! Come one fast, need your help! Go over to my tent, now." I said. They nodded and did as I said. Man, I had a bunch of amazing friends.

Then I went looking for my personal camping expert. Lucy.

"Hey Lu, need your help, come fast!" I dragged Lu out of her tent too.

Once Mason, Madds, Andrew, Lu and Lisa were all gathered around I explained the, my plan. 

We quickly started making the tent and it was ready in no time. Andrew and Mason were actually pretty good with the tents, and Lu known as my camping expert gave the perfect instructions and Lisa, Madds and I followed her orders. 

"Thank you so much guys!" I yelled. 

They just laughed. "Hey man, don't let the slavery opportunity go." Mason said

"Of course" I evilly smiled. 

"Now go! shoo!" I yelled. 

The four of them just rolled their eyes, such cuties.

"Damn girl, you're good." Lisa said patting my shoulder winked at her.

We put some water on our face, and rolled a little into the mud so we looked messy.

"Ashton, Jer, Andy! We're done!" I called out.

The three of them came running, wasting no time.

Their expressions when they reached us, was priceless!

Ashton smacked his head in disbelief. 

Jeremy's mouth had forgotten how to close. 

Andy was on the ground.

Epic.

"Okay slaves, no go unpack." Lisa said, smiling broadly. 

"What no. Hey, I bet you cheated!" Ashton said.

Lisa and I rolled our eyes.

"Losers, Now do what you're told." I said.

The three of them went inside without bags, Jer being last.

As I started making my way towards the bonfire, Jer caught hold of me and whispered. 

"I know Mason, Maddison, Andrew and Lucy helped you, smart thinking. Although, it’s hard to fool me" He winked. My eyes were ready to pop out, again!

At my reaction he smiled and leant back again. "Don't worry, I won't say a word. Make sure to use this opportunity to boss around Ashton as well as Mel." He finished.

Then he turned around and left to finish of his work.

I laughed a proper laugh.

Approaching the bonfire, I saw Madds staring at Andrew, but he was oblivious to that fact.

I caught Lisa's hand beside me and dragged her towards where Madds was seated.

"Hey Madds! Stop ogling Andrew. Just tell him you like him already!" I whined. Taking a seat beside her and motioning Lisa to join me.

"B-but, how do you? Oh right, whatever. And no, he doesn't like me back!" Madds replied.

I rolled my eyes. Before I could answer, Lisa cut me to it.

"You can't be serious! The only thing you two do is ogle each other." Lisa said. 

I nodded. "Look, even Lisa noticed. Now go!" I pushed Maddison over to Andrew.

The two of them really liked each other, and didn’t seem to notice that. 

Maddison shot me one last glare before making her way towards Andrew. She was taller than me, a 5"6' or so. She had long skinny legs and jet black hair that ended right above her waist. Her here was so naturally straight that anyone would mistake it for being straightened every day. She had grey eyes and a striking figure. She was gorgeous. Today she was dressed in black shorts, converse and a foodie over a tee. Her hair was tied into a long ponytail but she looked just wow. Yep, I had a pretty bestfriend.

"She's beautiful," Lisa said. I simply nodded. 

Madds was saying something to Andrew and he was shocked. Then he started smiling and nodded. She was blushing; at least that’s what it looked like. Then I saw Andrew go down on his knees, holding one hand out for Maddison to place on it. He kissed her hand, then asked her something and she excitedly nodded her head yes. 

OH MY GODS. IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS? 

Yes it is.

They are together.

Yay.

Holy Hera! They were already making out? 

Uh. 

"ANNA! Coach! Fast!" Lisa said in my ear.

Shit.

I broke into a run. Once I reached Madds and Andrew, I held the two of the, by their collars and broke them apart. Both of them wide-eyed looked up at me. 

"Hey!" Andrew pouted.

"Gross! Get a room!" I replied.

"Hey! There was no need to stop us okay!" Maddison said.

I glared at her, then at Andrew.

"Look in front of you, will you? You'll thank me later." I said. Just then coach Brown came into view. 

Both of them blushed furiously. And the three of us fell to the ground laughing are ass off.