Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Cindy had the biggest smile plastered on her face when she slowly went off of her horse, Athena. She felt so happy and astonished at the same time. And she didn’t even need to command herself to walk towards that person. She was absentmindedly pulling her horse while walking and stopped when she was a few inches away from the most gorgeous human being she had ever seen face to face, the sparkling bluish gray eyes, those thin sexy lips that were slightly hanging open, and the effortlessly styled dirty blond hair.

“Hi,” she greeted the one and only Layne Williams.

When Layne heard her voice he got out of his daydream, for he was literally mesmerized as he watched Cindy rode a horse expertly. Her red curls bouncing beautifully on her shoulder. Slowly he closed his mouth and gulped nervously before saying,

“You look beautiful.” Layne could not take away his eyes on Cindy’s face. “Stunning.” He then lifted his right hand and caressed her face. He missed her so much.

Cindy just continued to stare at Layne, she couldn’t believe that he was there in front of her, the man who bothered her thoughts for the last two days.

“You’re good.” She tilted her head giving him a questioning gaze. “I couldn’t take away my eyes off of you while you were riding this horse.” Layne then extended his hand and patted the horse nose.

“Athena.”

“Huh?”

“Her name is Athena, she’s my horse.” Cindy then guided Athena closer to him.

“She’s a beauty,” he commented honestly as he continued to pat the horse's body and as if Athena understood him she tilted her head towards him, giving a slight bump on his shoulder.

“She likes you.” And the two of them flashed each other a smile.

“Ehem, eheeeeeem!” Kim faked a cough as loudly as she could for her friend obviously had forgotten that she was there too. And thankfully, Kim succeeded to get her friend’s attention as Cindy looked at her with a very red face. “Hi babe, Merry Christmas!” Kim greeted her with a smirk plastered on her face.

“Merry Christmas too, babe, Nick,” Cindy shamefully greeted back her best friend and also Nick who was standing behind Kim.

Cindy’s heart was pounding hard inside her chest. Her face felt hot. She knew that she was probably all red. She could not justify her action. She even forgot that Kim was there. Kim was the one who called her but when she saw Layne, she forgot all about everything. No, she didn’t like Layne, she definitely didn’t like him! He’s just a close friend that’s all, Cindy tried to convince herself.

“What are you three doing here?” Cindy finally asked after composing herself. She was trying her best to not look at Layne, but she could not help it. Her eyes were involuntarily drifting to Layne’s handsome smiling face.

“We just helped Layne to get here,” Nick answered and then patted Layne’s shoulders.

“He wanted to visit you,” Kim added to what her boyfriend had just said. “He asked me your address and said that he will go here, so Nick and I volunteered to show him the way,” she continued to explain while Cindy continued looking at Layne, who was still looking at her like a love sick puppy. She didn’t know what to think or feel.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked Layne.

“It wouldn't be a surprise then,” he answered her with a big smile. Layne was very satisfied with the look on Cindy’s face when she saw him. He couldn’t believe when Cindy sent him a text of ‘I miss you’, but after seeing her reaction, he now truly knew that it was true.