Chapter Four

Chapter 4

"Kla don't forget your coat, I heard from the news that it will be freezing outside today, and there's a big chance of snowing." Cindz reminded one of her best friend, Kla, who was going out for a date with his boyfriend, Tristan.

"Yup, got it." Kla waved her gray coat to let Cindz see that she got it. She was wearing a moose green sleeveless semi-fitted dress which was mid-thigh long, which she accentuated with a black belt. She also had on black stockings under her knee high stiletto boots.

"You look gorgeous. For sure Tristan will not be looking at anyone else but you." Cindz commented, really wishing that what she said was true about Tristan not looking at anyone else because there was no doubt about her friend being stunningly gorgeous.

"Don't give her false hope, Cindz." Kim bitterly noted. She was busy cooking something for the two of them for dinner. Kim was still not convinced of Tristan's promise to be good this time around.

"I'm out of here, I never heard anything you two said." Kla opened the door and shouted, "BYE!" before slamming it close.

"You shouldn't have said that Kim."

"I know. I'll just text her or something." Kim fished her phone in one of her apron's pocket while Cindz seated herself on one of the kitchen stools looking at what Kim was cooking for dinner.

"Stuffed potatoes?" She asked while taking a peek at the oven.

"Yah, just bacon, tomato, parmesan cheese and some basil." Kim dismissively enumerated as she was still feverously typing her apology to Kla on what she just said, she didn't want to ruin one of her best friends' date, just because of one slip out.

Cindz' phone suddenly vibrated on her pocket, she lazily pulled it out knowing perfectly who the sender was.

Layne: Hey baby, wanna eat out with me tonight? ;)

Cindz: Sorry, I have a dinner date already.

She waited for about ten seconds before composing another message, 'with Kim', and sending it to him, she just wished that she could see his face right at the moment.

Layne: You almost had me there, baby. How about a late stroll in the park?

He sure was persistent, but Cindz was used to it by now.

"Dinner's ready." Kim announced putting in front of her two deliciously smelling baked stuffed potato and as if on cue her stomach started to grumble.

Cindz: In this freezing weather? No, thank you. Anyway, I have to go, my date hates it when I ignore the food she cooked.

Cindy didn't wait for his reply and started to dig in enjoying her scrumptious dinner.

"Well?" Kim looked at her waiting for her verdict.

"Come on, Kim, when's the last time someone told you that your meals are not perfectly mouthwatering?" Kim just shrugged at her. "Thought so." And they continued to eat silently.

"Cindz! It's starting to snow outside." She hastily put their plate on the dishwasher and went on Kim's side at the dorm's window, and there, outside small white fluffy looking white sheets were falling out of the sky.

"Soon we can go skating outdoors!" She excitedly chirped. "And Nick said that he may be visiting me for a day or two next week."

Cindz was very happy for her friend. She really did miss her boyfriend. It was really hard having a long distance relationship. She had first hand experienced on that, but then again she failed, Kim was better on handling those kinds of things.