Friendship and the Four Seasons: Winter

Author's Note:

This is the second installment of the series entitled, Friendship and The Four Seasons, some parts maybe a little confusing if you didn't read book one, but over all it can stand on it's own :)

Sooo enjoy!!!

Prologue

It had been what? Five? No six. Yes, six months since Ethan broke up with Cindy, with a pathetic excuse of he was tired of being committed to someone, to her.

But still Cindy couldn’t let go of Ethan, she was still holding on to that single thread of hope, of him still wanting to communicate and be friends with her. She was still hoping that one day Ethan would change his mind and ask her to be his girlfriend again.

Cindy knew that she really looked desperate, she actually felt desperate. But who could blame her? They were together for more than four years. And in that four years Ethan was the man who was with her in every ups and downs of her life.

He was Cindy’s first longtime boyfriend. She met Ethan back in high school. He was really sweet and caring, and Ethan being friendly as he always was, right away got close with her high school friends. Cindy, no doubt, instantly fell head over heels in love with him.

Ethan was really a boyfriend material. He was quite handsome with his jet black hair, naturally tanned skin and his gray colored eyes, and of course his nicely built body.

But Cindy didn’t fell in love with him because of that; it was his simple demeanor that got her besotted with him.

Ethan was the kind of guy that appreciates the simplest things in life; never did he like to live in glamour. He wears the simplest clothes, he always eats in the cheapest restaurants or food stalls, but well those restaurants also serves the best tasting foods.

But it didn’t mean that Ethan was boring because of that; he actually was a cool guy. Always ready to flash people his friendliest smile. He always had with him the funniest jokes ever, and he loves to do the silliest things on earth with his friends.

For Cindy he was the most perfect guy she could ever have, and what Cindy adored about him the most? It was how Ethan loved his family; they were always first on his list.

Literally Ethan was Cindy’s happiness. The most treasured memories of Cindy always involved Ethan. How he always made her smile in times of difficulties. How they went on dates, spending their morning walking in parks with coffee on hand. Going to movie theaters or playing basketball.

Cindy’s life revolved around Ethan, every decision and move she made was always for him, always because of him but she really didn’t mind. The two of them were the sweetest and happiest couple, yes they would have fights and all, just like normal couples, but still they were the envy of her friends. They would always say that they wanted their relationship or future relationship to be just like them.

But that was before Ethan graduated from college. Their perfect relationship went crashing down as he stepped out of school.

It was as if Ethan threw their relationship aside. The two of them started to have some really big fights and Ethan for the very first time cheated on her. He never admitted it though but Cindy knew there was somebody else. It was obvious like the sun rising in the east.

Cindy endured all the hurt and suffering to not end her relationship with Ethan. For a year, break ups was a normal event on their relationship. It would sometimes went up to three months long but in the end just one word from Ethan that he wanted her back, Cindy without any hesitation would gladly run back to his arms.

But their last break up was different. It was not because of some petty fights. Ethan actually calmly talked to her that he wanted to really be out of their relationship. He wanted first to pursue his dreams… to be a successful architect, Ethan thought that their relationship would be some kind of a hindrance for reaching his goals in life and that he somewhat wanted to live free without her holding him back to everything he wanted to do.

Of course Cindy protested but in the end she agreed in defeat. For a week she cried her heart out wanting to rinse away the hurt she was feeling. He was in the center of her dreams and plans of the future but for Ethan, Cindy was not even included in any of his plans.

Ethan offered to be friends with her and she gladly agreed. She thought that it was better rather than losing him forever in her life.

There was nothing to say the day she left

Just filled a suitcase full of regrets

I hailed a taxi in the rain

Looking for some place to ease the pain 

Cindy’s ringtone got her out of her reverie of what happened between her and Ethan. After taking a deep breath she got her phone on the table hoping that it would be him. But to her utter dismay it was the bastard, Layne.

Layne was an ok guy but he was starting to get into Cindy’s nerves. He was a typical playboy, she turned him down a couple of times already but Layne would not hear any of it. He would always go and say that he likes her that he wouldn’t stop until she became his girl. Not gonna happen.

Sighing, she answered his call but before she can even say ‘hello’, she heard Layne’s very excited voice.

“Hello baby turn your head outside the window.”

Turning her head outside the window she saw Layne waving his hand towards her while he was leaning on his gorgeous yellow Lamborghini.

Ghad this man just adds to my head aches.