Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Sipping from her glass full of coffee chocolate smoothie that was prepared for them by Krish, Cindy watched in amusement as Kla babble how she was so excited for Krish, for the latter was going to Paris with her superstar boyfriend, Nate, for a few days.

“I’m soooo jealous babe, the city of love!” Kla exclaimed, her voice ringing around their dorm room and her eyes glinting as if she was imagining herself there.

“I know, I still can’t believe that Nate is bringing me there.” The grin on Krishia’s face was so big that she’d probably split her face into half if her smile would go wider. She thought that it would only be in her dreams that she’d set foot in the most romantic city on earth, but that was before she met her boyfriend Nate, now she knew that dreams really do come true.

“If only I could bring you guys with me.” The smile on her face fell a little, she really would like to share the experience with her best friends.

“Don’t be silly babe,” Cindy commented as she got the last piece of chocolate chip cookies on the table, “that trip is for you and Nate to enjoy.”

“Cindz’s right babe, just don’t forget to buy us one of those miniature Eiffel Tower.” Kla leaned on Kim’s side, who was busy doing something on her laptop.

“Paris! Imagine!” Kla exclaimed again as she started to jiggle Kim’s shoulder, wanting her silent friend to react and join in on their conversation.

“Stop that babe, it’s irritating.” It was clear that Kim was not in the mood to joke around and her three best friends knew perfectly why.

“I’ll stop, but you need to stop sulking.” Nick, Kim’s boyfriend was going back to work tomorrow, it was obvious that it was the reason why she was in a lousy mood.

“Babe, Christmas vacation is just in a few days, you’ll see each other again by then,” Krish said hoping to lift up her friend’s mood.

“Yeah I know, just don’t forget to buy me a good romance book from Paris.” And just like that Kim perfectly ended the topic about Nick leaving.

“Sure thing, babe.”

“Cindz, you haven’t change yet your cover photo?” Kim asked as she was browsing her facebook page, they agreed awhile ago that they’d be using their group photo from the ice skating rink as their cover photo.

“I look like a fool hanging on Layne’s neck babe.” Cindz admitted to herself that the photo was somewhat nice, but she felt a little embarrassed on how she was on Layne’s arms, the two of them looking like newlyweds.

“Come on babe, you promised, and the photo was already tagged to you so most probably almost all of your friends saw it already so putting it as a cover photo is nothing.” Kla was perfectly right and she had no good argument to say, so she motioned Kim to pass her the laptop so she could log in to her account.

“There, are you happy now?” Cindz placed the laptop on the coffee table facing her three grinning friends letting them see that her cover photo was changed.

“Perfect!” Kla said while clapping her hands like a child.

“You too, huh?” Kim observed that Cindy also had a couple of hundred friend requests just like her.

“I’ve canceled 500 requests last night, they just keep on coming, especially after that photo.” Cindz sounded irritated, yes she knew they are friends with the superstars, but do people need to bug her just because of that? She then looked at Krish, knowing perfectly that she was experiencing a lot worse than them.