Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Cindz was deep in her thoughts as she was drying her long, curly, fiery red hair. She admitted to herself that she really enjoyed her movie date with Layne and the twins, but she was still puzzled why Layne was the one she chose to invite to go with her today. Well, at least one of them was happy about it she thought.

Maybe it was because Layne was really now very close with her bestfriends, and they were the one that suggested that she should invite Layne, probably that was the reason. Well, now, no one of her three besties was with her, she was all alone in their dorm room waiting for Layne to pick her up.

They didn’t really ditch her on purpose. Kim was just enjoying her boyfriend’s company before Nick went away again for work in a few days while Kla was busy doing work for their school organization, she was clearly very lucky that her boyfriend, Tristan, was now their appointed president, as their former student buddy president resigned. So basically they were always together. And Krish, she has her own house where she stays and waits for her boyfriend, Nate, to pick her up. Thinking about it, she was the only one left without a boyfriend.

Shaking her head to erase the thought that for sure would only make her feel depressed, she loosen the ribbon of the robe then pulled it off her body so she could start dressing up.

She and the girls planned to ice skate on Macy’s indoor ice skating rink, one of the many skating rinks in town. And of course all three of them planned on bringing their respective boyfriends, so she didn’t really have a choice but to bring someone too, that’s where Layne came in.

She rummaged something to wear inside her closet, she settled with a gray turtleneck long sleeves and pastel blue skinny jeans, she just accentuated it with brown belt that matched her brown slip on. As she finished dressing up and putting some light make up on, she looked at her appearance at their full length mirror.

Something was missing in her reflection. Her hands automatically went to her neck, as it was her habit when she was in deep thoughts. And so she felt nothing, her ruby teardrop necklace was not there.

She then sprinted back to their bathroom, she breathed out a sigh of relief as she saw that her necklace was sitting pretty safely near the sink.

After putting it safely back to her neck, she went again in front of the mirror now satisfied with her look. Cindz then got her phone on the center table of their living room thinking of texting Layne that she was ready, but there was already a text coming from him telling that he was on his way, and that was fifteen minutes ago.

 And as if on cue, a knock was heard from the apartment’s door, and so Cindz readied herself to face the most annoying and persistent guy she ever met.

“Hey, baby. You look gorgeous.” Once again Layne has his most dazzling smile plastered on his face when he saw Cindz.

“Thanks,” she was about to say that he look good as well, but she stopped herself in time. She didn’t want Layne thinking that he was getting to her already. Although it was really true that he did look hot today with what he was wearing, yellow looks good on him, wait…

“You used it already?” She asked with a disbelieving tone while looking at the shirt she gave to him yesterday that was now hugging his perfectly built body.

“Yeah, it fits perfectly.” He then winked at her, making her blush a little.

“Did you even wash it?” She retorted back hoping to hide her slightly red face.

“Sure, that’s what dryers are for,” was Layne’s comeback, a smirk plastered on his face.

“Smartass.”