Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistletoe last night

She didn't hear me creep down the stairs to have a peak;

She blinked once, letting the light shine thru her eyes a little.

She thought that I was tucked up in my bedroom fast asleep

Then I saw Mommy tickle Santa Claus underneath his beard so snowy white;

And then she smiled.

Oh what a laugh it would have been if Daddy had only seen

Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night.

Cindy woke up to the very pleasant music of the Christmas carol that amenably loitered inside her room. One thing she loved about her home is that everything felt so warm and cosy even though it was winter season. And the Christmas music that was hanging around made her feel more contented. She slyly stretched her arms as the covers slowly uncovered her upper body. She was home. And ghad she missed her bed, she thought.

The music continued to delight her ears. After she had a good-old stretch, she tiptoed her way to her bathroom, put on her robe, and walked her way to her room’s balcony. Cindy opened the door and instantaneously a wintery breeze greeted the bare parts of her body. It sent chills all throughout her system, but she didn’t mind. She missed the view she was eyeing at that moment. Her eyes roamed every part of their ranch. And she couldn’t wait to go outside and enjoy it.

The whole place was covered with snow, but not the irritating thick one, it is the type where you could have fun and enjoy. She could see clearly everything in her balcony, the river on the far east of the ranch was entirely frozen. The hills on the other side were fully covered and she’d love to skim down there with her brothers. And then her eyes landed at the stables.

Athena.

Her beautiful white horse.

For sure, Athena missed her so much like how she missed her. She would definitely pay her a visit later after breakfast and maybe ride her when she finished all preparations for their small Christmas celebration.

“Honey, it’s freezing out there.” Cindy turned around and saw her mom, Mrs. Rebecca Lopez, standing outside her bedroom door. “Please get in now, you’re barely wearing anything. You might get a cold,” her mom added, her face creased with concern as she let herself in in Cindy’s room.

Cindy smiled at her when she saw her mom holding a mug.

“Chocolate fudge?” she asked expectantly.

Rebecca nodded, smiled and said, “With marshmallows. Your favorite honey.”

“Sweet, thanks mom.” Cindy skidded out of the balcony and closed the door. She was really happy to be home for the holidays. She went near her mom, kissed her on her cheek as she got her mug full of hot chocolate.

“Welcome honey, I’ll go back to the kitchen now and finish preparing breakfast,” Rebecca announced and marched her way out.

“I’ll go down in a bit mom,” Cindy replied.

“I missed you,” Rebecca said when she was already out of sight.

“I missed you too mom,” Cindy shouted.

It was 24th of December and the day before, Cindy left Stanvard City to go back to her hometown, Madeleine. Her friends went home to their families too. Krish and her family went to North Suna to visit some relative and to celebrate Christmas with them. North Suna’s the place where Ethan and Kim’s boyfriend, Nick, worked. It is a ten-hour drive from Stanvard. Kim and Kla also are from Madeleine and they too went home for the holidays while The Time boys, all went back to Star City.