stormy night

JAYY’S POV

It felt so good to see the house again. When we pulled into the driveway it felt like a million pounds had been lifted from my shoulders. Dahvie jumped out of the car and ran around to help me out. I hated being babied like this but I did need some help, so I didn’t say anything. When I was out of the car I looked up at the house. When I saw the patio memories of falling flew through my mind. It had been almost like flying but going down instead of up. I had lots of bad memories from that day but the worse by far was seeing Dahvie’s face covered in tears. “Jayy! Jayy?” it took me a minute to hear Dahvie. I turned towards him and said “mhm?” Dahvie grabbed my wrist and walked me up the stairs. I don’t know what he was so excited about but he was like a little kid on Christmas. When we came onto the main floor I immediately walked into my room and grabbed my teddy bear that Dahvie gave me years ago. Its weird I know but I really missed this thing. When Dahvie saw me he laughed. “I cant believe you still have that bear. Why is it so important to you?” I didn’t know. “I don’t know. I guess because it’s the first present you ever gave me.” he giggled and blushed. “yeah I’m the same way with my hello kitty doll you gave me” I laughed when he admitted that. Then I groaned. It hurt just for me to laugh. I hated it. Dahvie quickly walked over to me and hugged me. “you ok man?” he asked. I nodded and walked to the fridge to get a monster. I grabbed a green one and sat down on the couch with my teddy bear close to me. Dahvie sat next to me and put his arm on the back of the couch. We just sat there for awhile until Dahvie said “close your eyes” I looked at him like he was insane. “why?” I asked. He laughed and said “just do it” I sighed and closed my eyes not knowing what to expect. Dahvie grabbed my wrist and pulled a bracelet over it. “open your eyes” he said. I opened them and looked at the bracelet. It had ’Monroe Madness’ on the front and sex god on the back. It had all of my favorite colors on it along with iggy boo and black hearts. I loved it. “oh my god” I almost yelled “I love it! Where did you get it?” Dahvie blushed and said “I had it made along with the other merch. Its one of a kind.” I smiled and hugged him. It may not seem like much to you but to me it was everything. Especially knowing that he designed it just for me. I kissed his cheek and he blushed. “thanks its amazing” I whispered still looking at it. He smiled and said “no problem anything for my best friend” . I for the third time today bent down and kissed his forehead. He never seems to mind…and I kinda like it. He blushed again and hugged me very gently. It had become so silent in the room that when the doorbell rang we both jumped. We both laughed (well he laughed and I grinned) then walked to the door. Who ever was behind it was impatient. They kept pressing the doorbell like a maniac. I quickly opened the door about to give them a piece of mind when I saw who it was. My ’bitch’ Sally. “of course” I said with a smile “only you would rape a doorbell” she laughed and gently hugged my waist. Dahvie had hidden behind the couch to scare her. I was trying not to give it away. She walked over and sat on the couch. Dahvie jumped out and she screamed. I had to force myself to not laugh. I took short deep breathes to stay calm. Sally looked at me and said “I’m sorry that she did that to you. I’d like to kick her ass” I smiled and nodded and Dahvie sighed. “if I hadn’t been so-so ignorant it wouldn’t have happened” I could tell that he was on the verge of tears. I quickly walked over to him and hugged him closely. He hugged back with his head on my shoulder. Sally looked at us and said “Dahvie can I talk to you in private?” Dahvie looked at me and then nodded. I was confused. What would they want to talk about that they didn’t want me to hear? As they went into Dahvie’s room I sat down on the couch. I flipped the TV on and watched robot chicken. I suddenly heard Sally say “aww that’s so cute” really loudly. Dahvie yelled back at her “shush it!” I couldn’t help it anymore I laughed and it hurt like shit. I didn’t care. It was too damn funny. Dahvie and Sally walked back into the room. Sally stared at me like I was insane and Dahvie sat next to me. “what’s so funny bitch” he said jokingly. I shook my head and said “the TV” he nodded and leaned back into the couch. I hadn’t realized it before but he looked so tired. He had bags under his eyes with a hollow look. “Dahvie?” I whispered. “when is the last time you’ve slept?” he sighed and yawned. “I don’t know. The night when we shared a bed” I gasped “why haven’t you slept?” I asked. I felt so sorry for him. “I couldn’t sleep. I was too worried about you. I don’t know if you knew it but they thought it was a miracle that you survived.” I nodded. Time for the truth to come out. “I know they said I wasn’t likely to live and I had to fight hard. I heard everything you said to Haley, to the paramedics, to me.” he became wide eyes. “and I felt you wrap me in your arms” he sighed when I ended with that. He sounded relieved. I suddenly heard thunder outside and saw lightening. Seeing that just somehow told me that I needed to tell him that I felt him kiss me. I sighed about to tell him when Sally said looking at the weather forecast. “well I’m stuck here. It says no traveling in the rain” I sighed and nodded. Dahvie yelled out “slumber party” I laughed and shook my head “no you’re sleeping tonight” he didn’t argue. “I can deal with that”